Hardware Wii Backup Manager Question

temp4746

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I have a question about Wii Backup Manager, does someone know what all the different options in the titles tab do. Like what does "Use WiiTDB titles for files and folder names" do?
It seems cfg has it's own titles.txt file which can even be updated from it's options menu so I guess it's supposed to auto rename regardless didn't get to try with any games that have strange internal names. but it would be nice to figure out how to rename the files and folder names that are transferred to the wbfs folder for organization purposes. (I'd rather leave the internal names stored in the WBFS intact though)

This program really needs a manual so we can use all it's features.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im pretty sure cfg uses the WiiTDB file, and the update feature just get the lastest file with the newest titles and whatnot. Its the same thing with the setting in Wii backup Manager if you enable it in the titles options.

temp4746

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Ryoku83 said:
Im pretty sure cfg uses the WiiTDB file, and the update feature just get the lastest file with the newest titles and whatnot. Its the same thing with the setting in Wii backup Manager if you enable it in the titles options.
Yeah checking CFG menu it seems it uses both WiiTDB.zip for displaying game info and titles.txt from WiiTDB for auto renaming.

But I'm still wondering what all the different settings in Wii Backup Manager titles option page do, they are a bit obscure and there is no help file available.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Allow me to add another question:

Are there any negative effects to clicking "Game Partition Only" under the general tab?

Seems to save about 200 MB with Sonic Colors.

Also, there's a setting under General called "Enable Full Scrubbing Mode".

Anyone know what this does? Seems like Wii Backup Manager already scrubs the games without it ticked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...