Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

MrGreg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Wiimm,

Wit was the first thing I thought in trying to answer warlock666's question. However I was not sure of the skintax. Thanks for sharing that for us all. However I do not like that it is a logical remove and does not shrink the file. I tried a wit copy but as you know the source and destination file names can not be the same. I was surprised that you do not allow this. Seems like you would just build the file as .tmp and once completed delete the original and rename the .tmp file. This is what WBM does. What do you think?

warlock666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seem to have found a strange bug?

If you try and export game list and select plain text [fig]

it exports it as html Table[taz]

rename the orig file in WiiBackupManager\export templates

Plain text - fig .txt to 1Plain text - fig .txt

this no should appear first in the list and now works ok

It seems if you rename at txt file Greater then the letters HTML it will treat it will just use the last

Assuming you have not created any other files After HTML and before plain txt

Also if you create/copy plain text.txt and make 3 export files ALL THE SAME called GTXT file1.txt, GTXT file2.txt, GTXT file2.txt

you wont be able to use the GTXT file1.txt as this will use taz html file

GTXT file2.txt will give error message The choosen template is invalid

GTXT file3.txt works as it should even though it is an exact copy of the other two?

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
I would first like to say: great job! great app!

However, I found one little thing missing: when you are on the drive1 or drive2 tab and you click the dropdownlist, it would be amazing if you could see the partition names rather than just the letters.

Other than that, this program is amazing!

MrGreg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiimm said:
Use CONVERT instead of COPY for inplace conversions. It was my intension to distinguish them.

Thanks for clearing that up. Should of known that you would of covered that base. It seems wit can do everything!!!! Thanks for creating your tools...
biggrin.gif

plee82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or I am not able to get an ISO from SSBB (two files wbfs). It shows the name of the game in red when it's done instead of green. WBFS Manager was able to generate the ISO though.

ScoobyDoo3rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for such an awesome program! The only thing I have noticed is when I use it my ram goes from 1.5 gig to 7 gig, and I have to reboot to get the ram back to 1.5. I am running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit with 8 gigs of ram. Again thank you!

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plee82 said:
Is it just me or I am not able to get an ISO from SSBB (two files wbfs). It shows the name of the game in red when it's done instead of green. WBFS Manager was able to generate the ISO though.

I'm able to copy a split WBFS version of SSBB from a fat32 drive to an ISO on an NTFS drive just fine.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ScoobyDoo3rd said:
Thank you for such an awesome program! The only thing I have noticed is when I use it my ram goes from 1.5 gig to 7 gig, and I have to reboot to get the ram back to 1.5. I am running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit with 8 gigs of ram. Again thank you!
What you see is called "disk caching". Enable the "VM Size" column in task manager to see how much RAM a program is really using.

ScoobyDoo3rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
ScoobyDoo3rd said:
What you see is called "disk caching". Enable the "VM Size" column in task manager to see how much RAM a program is really using.

No, its called physical Ram and I have a program that monitors it. Try it yourself and tell me what you findings are, I have tried it on 2 different machines and they have the same outcome.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ScoobyDoo3rd said:
tueidj said:
ScoobyDoo3rd said:

No, its called physical Ram and I have a program that monitors it. Try it yourself and tell me what you findings are, I have tried it on 2 different machines and they have the same outcome.
err, what?
of course a disk cache will typically reside in physical ram

ScoobyDoo3rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
ScoobyDoo3rd said:

Well, maybe I didn't explain myself right. I only have a problem when I run the program. When I start the program I will have 1.5 gig in ram used, after running the program I am up to 5.7 ram used. NO other program does that, and it will not release that ram until I reboot. Not trying to say your wrong, but something is happening with the ram usage. It is a GREAT PROGRAM! Don't get me wrong, was just wondering why?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ScoobyDoo3rd said:
Well, maybe I didn't explain myself right. I only have a problem when I run the program. When I start the program I will have 1.5 gig in ram used, after running the program I am up to 5.7 ram used. NO other program does that, and it will not release that ram until I reboot. Not trying to say your wrong, but something is happening with the ram usage. It is a GREAT PROGRAM! Don't get me wrong, was just wondering why?
Read this. If you're going to reboot your PC every time the OS uses more than 1.5G of RAM, what's the point in having 8G?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anybody know where i can report a bug in WBM..(and possibly ask for a WBM update)?

It has been a while since last update and i don't know if its even worked on still.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I mean if the study was paying me enough