modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if you want to make a quick and dirty list of your games,

open a command window and navigate to your wbfs folder and type

"dir > list.xls" without the quote

this will create a list.xls file in that same folder

alternatively u can copy and paste "dir > list.xls" into a new text document. Hit save, then rename the file anything.bat. Make sure the .bat file is saved in the wbfs folder, then double click it, and it will create a list.xls file for u.

Obviously this is a temporary fix until fig2k4 includes something more user friendly

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
if you want to make a quick and dirty list of your games,

open a command window and navigate to your wbfs folder and type

"dir > list.xls" without the quote

this will create a list.xls file in that same folder

alternatively u can copy and paste "dir > list.xls" into a new text document. Hit save, then rename the file anything.bat. Make sure the .bat file is saved in the wbfs folder, then double click it, and it will create a list.xls file for u.

Obviously this is a temporary fix until fig2k4 includes something more user friendly

Yeah, I knew about that, but like you said it's quick and dirty, looking for something a bit cleaner, but maybe I'll mess with it a bit more.

lixoman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

I used the latest 0.3.1-NTFS-ISO-test version and ripped some .isos to my hard drive. When ripping dual-layer games, though, it didn't rip correctly. Wii Backup Manager showed the correct size, but it only outputted 4.5gb files like all other games which, obviously, didn't work on my loader.

I tried disabling the 4gb limit for WBFS files and I'm ripping it again to see if the problem persists, will report back.

EDIT: Disabling the 4gb limit didn't change anything. I noticed that the .tmp file DOES reach the expected 7.29gb for SSBB, but the final .iso ends up at the same size as all other games.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
It sounds like you're using ISO files, not WBFS files, so the 4GB limit won't change anything.

Even though the original disc is dual layered, if nothing is used from the second layer then the resulting ISO will be single layered.

Does the log show any errors? Change the debug level to full before you try again.

Edit:
OK, I know where to look now..

Edit2:
Check your PMs and let me know if that fixes it. Cheers.

lixoman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for the quick reply. I'm testing now, I'll be back shortly with the results.

EDIT: Thank you very much, fig2k4. The fix you sent me worked, the SSBB .iso is now at 8.75GB (6.92 on disk) and some errors I was getting seem to also be gone.
Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

thewonderer73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Fig... great to see your program is coming along so well.

Can I make a suggestion regarding the titles.txt download...

Would it be possible to show next to the download button the last time it was downloaded if at all (NEVER... etc). How about automatic updates on start up?

Any news on the downloading of covers?

thanks
smile.gif

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I try to format it to FAT with WBFS Folder or WBFS I get the message saying An Error occur while formatting.
what should I do?
Im using 500GB External hard drive.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Would it be possible to show next to the download button the last time it was downloaded if at all (NEVER... etc).

You can see the version of the titles.txt in the log. The version is actually the date and time it was created.
smile.gif

QUOTEWhen I try to format it to FAT with WBFS Folder or WBFS I get the message saying An Error occur while formatting.
what should I do?
Im using 500GB External hard drive.

Just unplug it, plug it back in and try again. To format, I need exclusive access to the drive, which isn't possible when it's in use somewhere else. It's best to format as soon as the drive has been plugged in.

The examples I've seen lock the drive then dismount it. I wonder if dismounting, then locking it would solve this problem..

DIXES

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Is there a way to convert all wbfs files to sparse iso files without a second HDD ?
Another, can WBM support re-split all wbfs files from muliple one to single one ?
Thanks for your great tool and your help again !!!

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Is there a way to convert all wbfs files to sparse iso files without a second HDD ?
Another, can WBM support re-split all wbfs files from muliple one to single one ?
Thanks for your great tool and your help again !!!

You can do all of that by simply using the files page, then transfer to CISO,ISO or WBFS file. Saving WBFS files to the same folder should replace the original files..

It seems there was an error with WBFS files in the NTFS/ISO test version though. I'll try to get the fix out soon. So don't resplit them using that version, because you'll need to do it again to fix them.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was using the latest beta from page 1 today.

It transferred 89 games and then errored out saying something about integer overflow.

I couldn't see the log file because windows 7 popped up a box saying the program stopped working and it wouldn't let me into the program at all.

I was transfering games from one wbfs drive to another wbfs drive when it happened.

EDIT: It happened again after restarting the transfer.This time it transfered an additional 122 games before the message appeared.
Once again i couldn't read the log file because windows told me the something caused the program to stop working and wanted me to close it.

pontomedon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A minor issue i just noticed: When adding a multi part rar the size always reports the size of one part ;-)

I also had issues when i tried to copy 130 games from a wbfs partition to a fat partition - The transfer seemed to stop after every single game. I think i remember checking the log once, but didn't find anything unusual, then after a few retries i checked the log again an that time it said something about wbfs read errors, so i suppose my wbfs partition is corrupted. currently copying all 130 games from rar'ed iso to fat will report back if i encounter any problems

edit: it would be nice if you updated the lists after each transfered game, so you can see the games that have already been transfered on the destination drive tab (and also untick the transfered games on the source tab).

Apart from these minor issues (the transfer abort thing seems to be my partitions fault) the program is far the most usefull wbfs managing tool out there. I'm glad you're making so much progress.

edit 2: I seem to remember that former versions transfered the selected games alphabetically, now the order is more or less random. just a thought ;-)

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everytime i have transferred games on any version of this program it always starts at the end of the alphabet and works it way to the front.

pontomedon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well i'm currently watching it working and it the games it already transfered are:
-Broken Sword
-Lego Indiana Jones 2
-Lego Indiana Jones
-Call of Duty
-Mario & Sonic
-Resident Evil
-> not in [reversed] order ;-)

btw: the truecrypt bug still exists, it doesn't let me select a drive after i dismount a truecrypt volume, just pops up the error (element x already exists or something like that). When i remount the volume everything works just fine.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an ugly problem here... the program seems great and i hope you can help me get this to work.

I got a 500GB WBFS drive, about 108 games, 207GB used...i want to convert to FAT32 so i can put homebrew stuff on there as well. I loaded the program (0.3.1beta) under drive 1 i choose my wbfs drive, loads great titles.txt loads as well. i choose drive 2 as a WBFS folder on the root of an internal drive (f:) so it again sees that (there is 1 title on there now and it loads with no issues, shows an MD5 hash as well) now i want to transfer all the titles on WBFS to Drive 2, so i hit select -> all, it checks ALL the boxes i can see it done. I then click transfer to drive 2. Starts fine, gives me eta, even percentage done looks to be an accurate calculation, finishes with the first title (in the corner stating 1 of 107) and stops and will not transfer another title until i close and reopen the software.

WHY? I'm so frustrated and annoyed, been having to tinker with all kinds of crap to troubleshoot, this must be a bug. So I deleted the files i had and redownloaded to be sure i didn't screw with the settings.

Is it a problem that im trying to transfer to a NTFS formatted drive? this will only be a temporary place for the .wbfs files
Nope just tried it formatted to FAT32 and still only copied 1 game, i tried the last version as well as the newest beta
and the last version will not even rip the game, it does not create any files at all

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It was my impression that the order was from smallest to largest, but I could be wrong. I know MPT and SSBB were the last two to transfer for me, with Wii Play being one of the first.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
VashTS said:
I got an ugly problem here... the program seems great and i hope you can help me get this to work.

I got a 500GB WBFS drive, about 108 games, 207GB used...i want to convert to FAT32 so i can put homebrew stuff on there as well. I loaded the program (0.3.1beta) under drive 1 i choose my wbfs drive, loads great titles.txt loads as well. i choose drive 2 as a WBFS folder on the root of an internal drive (f:) so it again sees that (there is 1 title on there now and it loads with no issues, shows an MD5 hash as well) now i want to transfer all the titles on WBFS to Drive 2, so i hit select -> all, it checks ALL the boxes i can see it done. I then click transfer to drive 2. Starts fine, gives me eta, even percentage done looks to be an accurate calculation, finishes with the first title (in the corner stating 1 of 107) and stops and will not transfer another title until i close and reopen the software.

WHY? I'm so frustrated and annoyed, been having to tinker with all kinds of crap to troubleshoot, this must be a bug. So I deleted the files i had and redownloaded to be sure i didn't screw with the settings.

Is it a problem that im trying to transfer to a NTFS formatted drive? this will only be a temporary place for the .wbfs files
Nope just tried it formatted to FAT32 and still only copied 1 game, i tried the last version as well as the newest beta
and the last version will not even rip the game, it does not create any files at all

This is a known bug. Just be patient, will be fixed soon.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blah that sucks, good luck and the program looks sweet, i like the look better than WBFS Manager thank you for your work.

i decided to go with a fat32 and a WBFS partition. Im pretty sure its gotta be FAT32 Primary and active? then WBFS anyone can confirm sorry i know its offtopic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work