Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klyick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sidneyyoung said:
GamerzInc said:
mcj said:
First you all demand bushing release how to play a copied game without a mod chip. Then it finally happens via Waninkoko's loader, and everyone demands it gets released. It gets leaked ... every noob and kiddy rushed to download it and finally play their free games. Then it's announced that it is abandoned cause it was leaked and people blame Waninkoko for not managing his project and releasing the video? Wow you people are really fucked. This has to be the worst "scene" in the world.

QFT. This pretty much sums up everything.

Yep, totally agree. Waninkoko was the only person in the wii scene I liked, and as said at the very first oportunity he's been backstabbed by one of the imeasurable amount of haters in the Wii scene.....unbeleivable.

Wii scene=Worst scene

Sorry guys, brown nosing the crap out of Waninkoko isn't going to make him release it. Nice try though.

thinkoutsidetheb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...I was gonna use this instead of going to Blockbuster...

Oh nooooooo....can't play softmod because of a comment the project is abandoned..what am I going to do?? !@#! Jump off a bridge exclaiming "Damn you leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaker....."

I guess I'll have to keep buying Wii/GC games every week like I have been and still have been since homebrew came to the Wii.

wiimodder69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel for all yeall that cant seem to wrap yer head around this. waniko never "Had" to release anything.. Just like it never HAD to be hyped leadup using you tube as a media nightmare.. waniko ows us nothing, and I dont think he is blaming the community, he knows what has happend. It's our fault for allowing it to spread like wildfire.mirrors ect.

I downloaded the file, however i will delete it.I dont need it. I will wait patiently for the OFFICIAL relase if it ever comes. I dont NEED the OFFICIAL release. Would i like to try it?? sure.Homebrew for the wii is cool shit. Am i gonna use it all the time. NO.

I seem to remeber Waniko getting blasted for releasing software early, ie the downgrader.He sure as hell tried to keep the beta under development untill it was ready...then this happens... Or.... maybe it's all part of the master plan........hmmmmm

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Warcueid said:
This is not good news to wake up to D:

So let me get this straight...someone from Waninkoko's beta testers leaked the ISO loader, and then GBAtemp shut down the link because Wanin didn't want the loader to be leaked? Is the project discontinued now?
erase theQUOTEGBAtemp shut down the link because Wanin didn't want the loader to be leaked
and you got it.
Yes, project is discontinued

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Warcueid said:
This is not good news to wake up to D:

So let me get this straight...someone from Waninkoko's beta testers leaked the ISO loader, and then GBAtemp shut down the link because Wanin didn't want the loader to be leaked? Is the project discontinued now?

gbatemp put in on the frontpage, including download links and instructions. but now that's been removed.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
sidneyyoung, right on spot!

I actually respect all the coders in the Wii scene. Its really amazing these hacks.

Team Twizzler for their Homebrew channel, its the most used program on my Wii!
Wanno for his Wad installer softwares!

So its really up to everyone how the feel about them, without them. We wouldn't have a big community as we do.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
klyick said:
sidneyyoung said:
GamerzInc said:
mcj said:
First you all demand bushing release how to play a copied game without a mod chip. Then it finally happens via Waninkoko's loader, and everyone demands it gets released. It gets leaked ... every noob and kiddy rushed to download it and finally play their free games. Then it's announced that it is abandoned cause it was leaked and people blame Waninkoko for not managing his project and releasing the video? Wow you people are really fucked. This has to be the worst "scene" in the world.

QFT. This pretty much sums up everything.

Yep, totally agree. Waninkoko was the only person in the wii scene I liked, and as said at the very first oportunity he's been backstabbed by one of the imeasurable amount of haters in the Wii scene.....unbeleivable.

Wii scene=Worst scene

Sorry guys, brown nosing the crap out of Waninkoko isn't going to make him release it. Nice try though.

I'm not brown nosing anyone. Check out my other posts in the various threads and you'll see this is the same attitude I've always had. Guess what, I buy my games so I don't give a shit about the loader. Would I like to try before I buy? Sure ... but if I can't there is always the game rental store down the road.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
LeonardoGolden said:
Apparently if you just ask Wanin, you can test the thing. Just like that. This is from another forum:

my gosh, if you want the loader that bad, ask the owner. i sent him a nice, well written email formally requesting it, and he sent me his MSN and sent me the loader.

rickey says: (4:17:36 PM)
i sent an email a while back, inquiring about beta-testing the backup-loader, you told me to contact you, i replied some info, and, well here we are.
Waninkoko says: (4:17:56 PM)
I was a bit busy
tongue.gif

rickey says: (4:18:03 PM)
understandable
Waninkoko says: (4:18:09 PM)
wanna test it?
rickey says: (4:18:16 PM)
yes please
Waninkoko says: (4:18:20 PM)
ok
Waninkoko says: (4:18:23 PM)
get this

Waninkoko says: (4:18:32 PM)
http://wii.waninkoko.info/CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad
Waninkoko says: (4:18:34 PM)
Install it with WAD Manager
Waninkoko says: (4:18:51 PM)
also, you'll have to install DVDX over IOS249 (this is something temporary)
rickey says: (4:19:00 PM)
okay

Waninkoko would like to send you the file "backup-creator_v1.zip" (26 Kb). Transfer time is less than 1 minute with a 28.8 modem. Do you want to
(Ctrl+T) or
(Ctrl+D) the invitation?

Transfer of file "backup-creator_v1.zip" from Waninkoko has been accepted. Starting transfer...
Waninkoko says: (4:19:09 PM)
this is to create valid ISOs

You have successfully received
backup-creator_v1.zip
from Waninkoko. Before opening this file, you may want to scan it with a virus-scanning program.

Waninkoko would like to send you the file "dvd-backup.dol" (212 Kb). Transfer time is less than 2 minutes with a 28.8 modem. Do you want to
(Ctrl+T) or
(Ctrl+D) the invitation?

Transfer of file "dvd-backup.dol" from Waninkoko has been accepted. Starting transfer...
Waninkoko says: (4:19:27 PM)
and this is the backup-loader

do you call this a leak ? I call this a deliberate and indirect public distribution

and if you are looking for soemone to bash, I don't think zant is the one

zant said:
ill contact him thru email. I promise *not* to leak ANYTHING if I get the files. They will be kept on a backup hard drive, under an encryption key.

naes said:
Awesome, I got the file.

If allowed, I'll post the Rapidshare link.

Haven't tested it.

QUOTE(naes @ Sep 19 2008, 05:20 AM)
Ah, forget it. I'll post it. I don't want to be flooded.

I haven't tested it, but here's the link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/146449970/wii_loader.rar.html

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll admit, I'm one of the people who downloaded the leak... only after it was posted as front page news... (Thanks JPH......)

I, for one, was happy waiting until Waninkoko was done with what he was doing, and could have waited another 3 months if it took that long...

I would personally like to thank the person who leaked this... you have now gained the rank of the most hated person on GBATemp... you've managed to surpass Shumy and Stalkid64 in one single action... that's quite impressive! I just pray that you've used a proxy every time you've visited the site... because some people are going to be really pissed off at you, and will hunt you down, and seeing that;
QUOTE said:
267 User(s) are reading this topic (203 Guests and 3 Anonymous Users)
I'd say there's a good chance that will happen.

I'm not condoning mob violence, or any violence at all here, just saying, he deserves what he gets. Greatest Wii app of all time, and this jagomoff couldn't wait...

As for the state of this project, I'm glad Waninkoko is shutting it down. I will attempt to work on it, provide support if anyone needs it, and attempt to reverse it to get some code worked out, and maybe improve it. But the second Waninkoko tells me to stop, I will.

Stylpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Haha, and people wonder why there are wars...

Anyway, tested on PAL Wii, burned Super Paper Mario to a Taiyo Yuden DVD-R at 4X. Works for a while, but some music stuttering when loading between scenes, locked up after 15-20 minutes of play (right after scene with Bleck and his minions). Probably related to load speed limit. Gonna try another game now.

Edit: Guess I'll post this in the other thread too
smile.gif

signiquitatis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
LeonardoGolden said:
Apparently if you just ask Wanin, you can test the thing. Just like that. This is from another forum:

my gosh, if you want the loader that bad, ask the owner. i sent him a nice, well written email formally requesting it, and he sent me his MSN and sent me the loader.

rickey says: (4:17:36 PM)
i sent an email a while back, inquiring about beta-testing the backup-loader, you told me to contact you, i replied some info, and, well here we are.
Waninkoko says: (4:17:56 PM)
I was a bit busy
tongue.gif

rickey says: (4:18:03 PM)
understandable
Waninkoko says: (4:18:09 PM)
wanna test it?
rickey says: (4:18:16 PM)
yes please
Waninkoko says: (4:18:20 PM)
ok
Waninkoko says: (4:18:23 PM)
get this
Waninkoko says: (4:18:32 PM)
http://wii.waninkoko.info/CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad
Waninkoko says: (4:18:34 PM)
Install it with WAD Manager
Waninkoko says: (4:18:51 PM)
also, you'll have to install DVDX over IOS249 (this is something temporary)
rickey says: (4:19:00 PM)
okay

Waninkoko would like to send you the file "backup-creator_v1.zip" (26 Kb). Transfer time is less than 1 minute with a 28.8 modem. Do you want to
(Ctrl+T) or
(Ctrl+D) the invitation?

Transfer of file "backup-creator_v1.zip" from Waninkoko has been accepted. Starting transfer...
Waninkoko says: (4:19:09 PM)
this is to create valid ISOs

You have successfully received
backup-creator_v1.zip
from Waninkoko. Before opening this file, you may want to scan it with a virus-scanning program.

Waninkoko would like to send you the file "dvd-backup.dol" (212 Kb). Transfer time is less than 2 minutes with a 28.8 modem. Do you want to
(Ctrl+T) or
(Ctrl+D) the invitation?

Transfer of file "dvd-backup.dol" from Waninkoko has been accepted. Starting transfer...
Waninkoko says: (4:19:27 PM)
and this is the backup-loader

do you call this a leak ? I call this a deliberate and indirect public distribution

and if you are looking for soemone to bash, I don't think zant is the one

zant said:
ill contact him thru email. I promise *not* to leak ANYTHING if I get the files. They will be kept on a backup hard drive, under an encryption key.

naes said:
Awesome, I got the file.

If allowed, I'll post the Rapidshare link.

Haven't tested it.

QUOTE(naes @ Sep 19 2008, 05:20 AM)
Ah, forget it. I'll post it. I don't want to be flooded.

I haven't tested it, but here's the link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/146449970/wii_loader.rar.html

The link naes posted was the first one I saw lol
like 5 mins later mirrors were popping all over the net.

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think he is acting like a baby and throwing a tantrum.

With or without him, this softmod will progress.

Posts merged

I think he is acting like a baby and throwing a tantrum.

With or without him, this softmod will progress.

thebert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on waninkoko... let's think about this:

You COULD discontinue the project, and make everyone sad.

OR

You could start a paypal "I still love you" donation site! Nothing says "I still believe in you and your work" like cold hard cash!

Name you price, waninkoko, name your price.
happy.gif

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is unbelievable. With the way a lot of the people in this thread are acting, I have to say I'm glad Wanikoko is abandoning the project.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
My own personal opinion and not that of GBAtemp's is:

The only real purpose of Waninkoko's Backup Loader is (let's face it), to run pirated games. Now Waninkoko is shocked and upset when his own program for running stolen games gets stolen. Holy hell, talk about mind-boggle. The ethics involved here make my mind spin.

I really couldn't care less about Waninkoko's pirated games loader, whether it was released, never released, or stopped in production.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
People that are pissed off at the person who leaked this because the project has been discontinued should think twice. If the project hadn't been discontinued you'd be praising the guy. Hypocritical if you ask me.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Waninkoko, Love your work, but honestly how naive can you be, Your just freely distributing the loader to whoever ask for it, and you expect it NOT to be released... I mean c'mon, man, It was bound to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (that's like 3 months i might be cooked) +1