Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I give this a 60% chance of being real.

Come on guys! We have ONE MEMBER with an easily faked video(a 2 wii setup an adapter that allows multiple devices(In this case wiis) to be hooked up to the same tv input and switched at the press of a button.) I have 2 of these switches at home! (Example: not the one I own) http://www.smarthome.com/8293T.html

This is a huge hoax. We have one video that shows this hoax in progress. Why is everybody going insane? Just because this link fellow can speak in complete sentences does not mean he has developed a pirated game loader!

Here is a setup that could re produce what is seen in the video:
2 Wiis
1 switch as shown above.
1 game original and one pirated game or even blank dvd
1 friend

He powers on both wiis. His friend puts the legit copy of chess in the off screen wii. Link puts the fake in the on screen wii.

Link goes and launches the HBC. Link sends the elf to the wii. The elf is probably a program that can only display what is seen on screen. A simple test loading dialog.

His friend gets ready with the off-screen wii. While you are watching the lame ELF text, his friend hits the start button on the off screen wii, link switches wii remotes with his friend and his friend switches inputs on the device to the off screen wii.

The same sensor bar is used for both wiis. I have tested this. The wii does not need to be anywhere near the sensor bar for the wii remote to work correctly to work.

THIS IS AN IMPERFECT THEORY! IT IS DISPROVEN IN HIS SMG VIDEO, BUT I AM JUST TRYING TO BE THE DEVILS ADVOCATE! WE HAVE NO PROOF OF THIS LOADER AND THERE ARE COMPLICATED WAYS TO MAKE THIS LOOK REAL.

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fake man, if its real give us people a test, its never real until it happens, right now its fake, "IF" it releases, ill take this back, and if this is real, ill bow to waninko and not to twiizers anymore

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paul1991 said:
I give this a 60% chance of being real.

Come on guys! We have ONE MEMBER with an easily faked video(a 2 wii setup an adapter that allows multiple devices(In this case wiis) to be hooked up to the same tv input and switched at the press of a button.) I have 2 of these switches at home! (Example: not the one I own) http://www.smarthome.com/8293T.html

This is a huge hoax. We have one video that shows this hoax in progress. Why is everybody going insane? Just because this link fellow can speak in complete sentences does not mean he has developed a pirated game loader!

Here is a setup that could re produce what is seen in the video:
2 Wiis
1 switch as shown above.
1 game original and one pirated game or even blank dvd
1 friend

He powers on both wiis. His friend puts the legit copy of chess in the off screen wii. Link puts the fake in the on screen wii.

Link goes and launches the HBC. Link sends the elf to the wii. The elf is probably a program that can only display what is seen on screen. A simple test loading dialog.

His friend gets ready with the off-screen wii. While you are watching the lame ELF text, his friend hits the start button on the off screen wii, link switches wii remotes with his friend and his friend switches inputs on the device to the off screen wii.

The same sensor bar is used for both wiis. I have tested this. The wii does not need to be anywhere near the sensor bar for the wii remote to work correctly to work.

THIS IS AN IMPERFECT THEORY! IT IS DISPROVEN IN HIS SMG VIDEO, BUT I AM JUST TRYING TO BE THE DEVILS ADVOCATE! WE HAVE NO PROOF OF THIS LOADER AND THERE ARE COMPLICATED WAYS TO MAKE THIS LOOK REAL.

ur right, not alot of proof, always videos that dont show the whole thing!

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
Hmm, so it's called something like "dvd backup REAL.dol"? The only iffy part is the 3rd word, I think it's "REAL".

Don't worry, waninkoko already confirmed it to be real.

podunk1269

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
proof or no proof, it is good to know it was bring worked on.

As for fake or not? wait the two weeks, its been over a month since the bushings incident, and you have waited, so just wait it out, then post
smile.gif

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, don't forget this important lesson from the 360 and PSP homebrew scene:

1. Real console hackers don't release videos, they release hacks.
2. Fake console hackers don't release hacks, they release videos.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people are even doubting wani now?
What a turn of events!

Question, what reason would waninkoko have to make a fake video about and ISO loader when all it will do is destroy his reputation?
This isn't some no-name who put a video up on youtube, in fact, I doubt waninkoko was even planning on there being a video released before the actual homebrew app was.
Linkinworm was the one who put the video up, and he is a beta tester.

Really, I have confindence that this will be released.
And if it isn't? Well waninkoko losses almost all his credibility and is remembered for faking something a lot of people want.

junk_man32 said:

The man who made the application isn't the same man who put the video up on youtube.

rishard10212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how people go through 12 pages arguing if it's real, say it's real because wanin is working on it, now on our 13th page, say it's fake because there's a video. Now come on guys, just wait two fucking weeks.

In my opinion, it's real. I don't see why a "shy" hacker would make some bullshit up. That goes completely against "shy."

Also, I don't see why linkinworm would be lieing about this/making a 2Wii1Switcher video. It's been proven that Linkin has beta tested some of Wanin's other stuff. And the microphone/video thing, I've had to do that too in situations where a mic isn't working/there is no mic.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miles said:
people are even doubting wani now?
What a turn of events!

Question, what reason would waninkoko have to make a fake video about and ISO loader when all it will do is destroy his reputation?
This isn't some no-name who put a video up on youtube, in fact, I doubt waninkoko was even planning on there being a video released before the actual homebrew app was.
Linkinworm was the one who put the video up, and he is a beta tester.

Really, I have confindence that this will be released.
And if it isn't? Well waninkoko losses almost all his credibility and is remembered for faking something a lot of people want.

junk_man32 said:

The man who made the application isn't the same man who put the video up on youtube.

His credibility wasn't lost when he ruined wii homebrew(WiiFS dumper+wasinstaller)? His credibility remained intact after rushing a poorly coded and incomplete region changer to release just to beat twiizers to the punch?

I have no use for him or his apps.
I have everyhomebrew game released on my wii. I play them all the time. I have no Pirated wads, but I do have EMUs.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew on discs would allow bigger and better games, but the real nintendo games would suffer in quality.

Remember the dreamcast? Sold like crazy, but died becaise of poor software sales. The loader disc did the entire system in.

I would rather go without than have both.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paul1991 said:
His credibility wasn't lost when he ruined wii homebrew(WiiFS dumper+wasinstaller)? His credibility remained intact after rushing a poorly coded and incomplete region changer to release just to beat twiizers to the punch?

I have no use for him or his apps.
I have everyhomebrew game released on my wii. I play them all the time. I have no Pirated wads, but I do have EMUs.

I was absent during the whole Twiizers and waninkoko drama, so I really can't answer that, but I haven't had problems with his apps at all.

QUOTE(Haruhi @ Sep 13 2008, 09:23 PM) All of you forget, allowing DVDs to be readable in the disc channel without a chip might have other uses. Such as homebrew being able to run from disc that way.

Bushing's DVD Exploit allowed this already.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
You're also forgetting Sega had a terrible relationship with third parties at the time.

Several companies chose not to publish even one Dreamcast game anywhere on Earth. Including both EA and Square.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Miles said:
Haruhi said:
All of you forget, allowing DVDs to be readable in the disc channel without a chip might have other uses. Such as homebrew being able to run from disc that way.

Bushing's DVD Exploit allowed this already.
The key term here is "disc channel"

bushings libdi does allow dvd access from homebrew, however it doesnt let u boot the actual homebrew from disc/disc channel.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
The key term here is "disc channel"

bushings libdi does allow dvd access from homebrew, however it doesnt let u boot the actual homebrew from disc/disc channel.
Ahh, I see now.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
You see...

The current Wii model is not licensed as a DVD device. It will not read normal DVD file systems using publicly available Nintendo-approved software.

To access data on a normal DVD file system for any purpose, one must use unauthorized and unsupported (yet not necessarily illegal) means such as modding.

Mr.Guy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with what was previously said, we need a demo of sorts like the beta Homebrew channel was. From what I see this looks incredibly legit... that said if it loads a game like seen in the video this should be proven quickly, and not just with a video.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it gets its own channel when it gets released, or if it will one day become Intergrated with the Disc Channel if its possible

podunk1269

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Haruhi said:
You see...

The current Wii model is not licensed as a DVD device. It will not read normal DVD file systems using publicly available Nintendo-approved software.

To access data on a normal DVD file system for any purpose, one must use unauthorized and unsupported (yet not necessarily illegal) means such as modding.

Actually is is illegal it violated out ELUA, but well screw em. I feel this will help the wii. How you ask? it will stop devs from shovelling crap at us. If I load a game on this and it rocks, I will buy it. When it is a few minigames packaged as a game, or a rushed game that plays like shit, I wont. This way I wont have to buy it, see if it sucks then be stuck with it or trade it to game stop for 10 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah except for online pvp it's ass +1