wii and internet

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wim6, Feb 1, 2009.

Feb 1, 2009

wii and internet by wim6 at 8:57 PM (566 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. wim6
    OP

Member wim6 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Ive just bought a lan adapter for my wii because i dont have a wifi point. im no noob but im just curious in how to install it or not, and how do i keep my wii safe from updating through the internet. All this i want to know because i still cant install the softmii, it uses internet to download the arcm5 from twiizers... my wii is on 3.2e with starfall cioscorp and preloader 0.27

2. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I do believe it's just a plug and play install. As for updating unless someone intentionally clicks on the update button you won't be updated.

3. Smack

Member Smack GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have never used the lan adapter but I can assure you that the Wii does not update itself. You must agree to the update.

Plug the LAN adapter into your USB port, plug in the ethernet cable then goto your Wii System menu -> Internet -> Connection Settings -> (pick a connection) -> Wired Connection

That should get you setup.

EDIT: Beware that the very first thing you are prompted for once the Wii has successfully connected to the internet is to Update the system. Just click No and you are fine.

4. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    whats to install? Just plug it in

5. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Yup, its just a plug in thing and then get the internet settings in the Wii correct.

Also, updates don't install themselves (As others said) You have to agree to install them so make sure people who use your Wii know.

6. wim6
    OP

Member wim6 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Thanks a bunch, its just one off these things that maybe could go wrong but luckely there is gba.......
    Thanks to all