OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi,my son was recently playing the Wii and all of a sudden it turn off!!!

He was palyin a game cube game(Zelda Wind Waker) on it and for whatever reason he told me the Wii just turned off.
So, he turns it on again and it works and then later it just turns off???

My Wii is not modified and this has never happen to me before.

Also I started playing the Game cube and it just started to do the same thing,but when the Gamecube turns off I hear the
Fan is still on?? And when the Wii turns off (its like when someone unplugs it or sumthing)

I had the Wii since it first came out and the Gamecube for like 1 year and I have never had this problem before.

At first I taught it was th Electrical outlet or the Surge protecter but no,because the cpu and tv are plug in to but work fine

I have read that it can be a fuse,a cord,a game, or controller(like a old gamecube controller)

Could it be a faulty gamecube controller,because mine is a cable one not wireless and I have heard
it can turn off your controller or Wii?

Like I said this Just started like this week

Can Someone help please????

Also I want to know if anybody has had the same problem like me?

polychromeuganda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This used to happen when a Wii was overheating, a lot of devices including the Wii detect excess heat buildup and shut down. Many also detect power supply output out of spec, but they all stop if the power supply cuts out, as many switching power supply controler chips do if overtemp. Where the Wii is located, and if its firmware has ever been updated could be relevant. Perhaps someone will chime in with something more specific, but until then your best first move might be to make sure the Wii is operating in free air, as opposed to on the top shelf in the under-TV glass coffin, on its edge, wedged in between manuals and game boxes, for example.

darthbane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It was the old controller i had!!
rolleyes.gif

I have been using a wireless and bought a new wired controller and I have not had a problem.....

Seriously,I have been playing the gamecube games and wii games non stop and I havent had a problem since!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So
smileipb2.png
remember people to check you wires/cables at all times!!!!!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello