Wii 4.3U Update - Help!

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by missionaborted, Sep 24, 2010.

Sep 24, 2010

Wii 4.3U Update - Help! by missionaborted at 5:03 PM (2,189 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. missionaborted
    OP

Newcomer missionaborted Newbie

Canada
    Hi everyone. Sorry i this has been covered elsewhere, but I have searched everywhere and have not come up with any DEFINITIVE answer to my question... so here is goes.

I recently formatted my system memory and re-started installing everything rom scratch. I have Bootmii set as boot2 using the bannerbomb exploit, homebrew channel and browser installed, as well as CFG USB Loader, several emulators and other channels. However, I cannot get my Check Mii Out, Everybody Votes, Nintendo Channel, or any other channels from the Wii Shop, due to the request for me to update from 4.2u to 4.3u.

I am wondering if I am able to update in order to get these channels without bricking, or losing my current softmods? I have tried downloading and installing third party wads, NUS downloader, and Wii SCU, none of which have done the trick.

Any help or a guide that can be given is greatly appreciated, as I have not found a clear answer anywhere I have looked. There is a great deal of conflicting information when it comes to updating to 4.3

Thanks

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    download the most recent shop channel and the latest IOS56 and install them both
    u can use modmii's wizard feature to do this if u like

3. missionaborted
    OP

Canada
    ok... what are the current versions?

Also, if I use Modmii, will it install these channels? NUS Downloader wouldn't do it because of a missing ticket issue.

thanks or your help!

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    just download them from here
    [​IMG]
    and install them

5. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    Use Dop-Mii (Homebrew Edition or Standart)
    Download the latest version of Wii Shop Channel, then download the latest version of IOS56, all with this same app.

You should be able to enter to Wii Shop Channel again without update to 4.3.

6. missionaborted
    OP

Canada
    Thanks to both of you. I will be trying these options as soon as possible. I will let you know if I have any trouble.

Many thanks!

7. missionaborted
    OP

Canada
    Hi folks:

Tried both of these options and I get only "error - 1017 when trying to install any of these.

Any other help would be appreciated.

Update: I am now getting Error ret-1 when trying to install ios56. I can now see the Wii Shop channel in teh main menu, but it keeps booting me back to the main menu when trying to start it up.

8. missionaborted
    OP

Canada
    Scratch that... Dop-Mii WiiBrew edition ended up working like a charm!

Cheers and Thanks a ton!

9. SpoonyRed

Newcomer SpoonyRed Newbie

United States
    I tried using dopmii wiibrew edition and then when i got to the section where i needed to pick the option "Channels" i couldnt move and my wiimote was flashing
    any help plz?