Wii 4.3U hacking

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kearsarge, Jan 4, 2011.

Jan 4, 2011

Wii 4.3U hacking by Kearsarge at 4:20 PM (1,279 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Kearsarge
    OP

Newcomer Kearsarge Newbie

United States
    I'm a complete noob.

I've poked around various websites looking for how to do this but am nervous about doing this not knowing what I don't know being a noob.

Also It's my sons system so he is likely to unknowingly run updates.

I've also read some of the steps here but other than a mention that since updating the steps version 4.3 came out I haven't found anything that specifically says that there are specific steps for 4.3u or that the same steps can be followed.

I'm really just looking to be able to run games of a usb drive. An 11 year old is not all that careful to prevent scratching of CDs.

Thanks in advance.

2. MarcusRaven

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    Use ModMii and run through the tutorial. It tells you how to install Priiloader amongst all the other stuff, and with that you can "kid-proof" the updates by blocking disc and online updates. ModMii works great for starting fresh. Wish it was around when I started.

3. FlygonPKMN

Newcomer FlygonPKMN Member

Netherlands
    You Joined Just For This Question!!!
    xD

4. MarcusRaven

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    That was a bit unnecessary. Everybody here had to join for something, and most for a way to ask their questions about hacking. (I myself started out that way.) Hacking is intimidating, and this community is very knowledgeable on the subject. Laughing at him for his first post asking this was just rude. You're rather green here too, based on your post count, so don't judge.

To the OP, let us know how things work out, and if you have any other questions.

5. Kearsarge
    OP

Newcomer Kearsarge Newbie

United States
    Marcus, thanks, for both. As I said I am a noob. Where do I find ModMii and what tutorial are you referring to. I've read many websites, many posts here that keep point, and pointing to other areas so I gets a bit confusing and overwhelming. Running the games from a HD is not worth bricking our system.

Thanks again

6. wannawanna

Newcomer wannawanna Member

United States