Wii 4.0 w/only HBC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by idane, Apr 3, 2009.

1. idane
    OP

idane Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2007
    Iceland
    I have a modded wii (wiikey) and accidentally upgraded to 4.0. I do have the homebrew channel installed but when I try to run the cIOS pack so that I mayuse the USB loader I get error 2011.

Is there anything I can do to get it to work or, alternatively, downgrade my wii to 3.2? I'd really appreciate any help...

thanx

2. WiiLee

WiiLee GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    congratulations your screwed!

3. idane
    OP

idane Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2007
    Iceland
    Could someone perhaps post a reply that is perhaps more informative than saying that I'm screwed?

What is the current status of this issue?

I heard that the softmii dongle is capable of restoring a previous version - is this true?

I ask for all people in this predicament - please give an informative reply ,so that people will actually know what to do...

Thanks

4. WiiLee

WiiLee GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    OK currently there is no way to install a cios, ios 16, twilight hack, etc. so atm there is no hope for hacking, but dont fray there will be a new hack soon im sure of it [​IMG] and i've never eard of that softmii dongle

5. koji2009

koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    savemii is what I think he's talking about and it won't help you.

Nor will a future twilight hack...

There is no current way for you to downgrade without a cIOS of some sort installed on your wii before updating to 4.0... it also means that you won't ever have a working USB loader either because that requires a custom IOS.

The only way to install cIOS in the future would be to either find another signing bug (like the trucha signing bug) or a way to "officially" sign a custom IOS so it looks like an official nintendo one. Those are the only 2 options for the future, and neither is currently possible.

6. HisshouBuraiKen

HisshouBuraiKen GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2004
    United States
    Nowhere
    idane - I'm in the same boat as you (the Titanic to be precise).

Currently there's no option for us, but sit tight and I'm sure something will come up within a few weeks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice