wii 4.0 problems!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mk123a, Mar 28, 2009.

Mar 28, 2009

wii 4.0 problems! by mk123a at 9:54 PM (722 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. mk123a
    OP

Newcomer mk123a Advanced Member

So I updated my 3.2u wii to 4.0 via Wanin's updater then installed a patched ios60. My wii is chipped with a d2pro9 and I have been noticing some big problems. Backups and Originals boot, wad installation works, moving to sd works. The problem is once I boot up a game (original and backup) and then exit back to the wii menu, the system no longer detects a disc. When you click the disc channel, it shows a constantly spinning wii and gamecube disc and doesn't read anything. If I try to load any other channel the wii then crashes. The problem affects all my original wii games and backups. The problem is only prevalent in system 4.0u, bc once I downgrade back to 3.2u I no longer have this problem. I upgraded and downgraded back and forth from 3.2 to 4.0 just to make sure that this problem only existed in 4.0. It is possible that 4.0 is affecting my modchip? I'm running on d2pro 2.3 firmware with 1.7 for those that have a d2pro chip. Any help on this?

2. BBking83

Member BBking83 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Could be a memory issue?

Free up some blocks and should work? Don't know, just guessing... [​IMG]

3. Fellipepb07

Member Fellipepb07 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. mk123a
    OP

Newcomer mk123a Advanced Member

so I fixed my problem for the time being...so far things are working. I was thinking when all of this started happening and it most likely occurred when I installed a bunch of wads all at once. All the installed channels worked, and my system wasn't bricked, but it must have done something to trigger the problem. After uninstalling the wads, things are working again. Next time I should just install them one by one and check the wads to be safe after installation.