Wii 3.3U Update

sphere9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
laurenz said:
If I remember well, the creators of the Twilight hack said that the bug was actually very easy. They also said, if they needed too, they could recreate this bug with other games as well.

well all the update does so far is block the exploit in twilight princess, so the workaround is to use another game
smile.gif

source: http://hackmii.com/2008/06/june-16-wii-update/

Drkirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard some saves could get deleted from this, while others won't. Does anyone know if the PAL Mario Kart Wii save will survive the update on a US system?

sphere9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Drkirby said:
I heard some saves could get deleted from this, while others won't. Does anyone know if the PAL Mario Kart Wii save will survive the update on a US system?

to the best of my knowledge this only checks for zelda saves that have a character name for epona that exceeds six characters, so a mario kart save should be safe.

Auyx

GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I am aware all scrubbed releases are signed back up again with the Trucha exploit so this update would theoretically kill all your scrubbed games. I don't know for sure as I refuse to update but its an educated guess from the info I have seen so far.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Will see what will happen, I personally think its possible to fix this fix.

EDIT: Hmm... aint Virtual Console games signed with the Trucha Exploit? By the way, Brickblocker and Regionfree just HEX edit, they never sign.

Skyler

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Brickblocker and Regionfree just HEX edit, they never sign
And most of you are going to want Brickblocker on your BackUps to remove the update from new games if you want to avoid it.

For me, this update isnt a big deal, I've not used Twilighthack since Wadinstaller Channel and HomeBrew Channel were installed.
All my backups are PAL with BrickBlocker used.

With the above preparations, I think I might update.
Just that whole VC Wad questionmark I guess.

chaofan

Trophies
XP
Country
So from what I'm getting so far:

-Hacked Virtual Console games work
-Hacked Virtual Console game saves survive
-Homebrew Channel survives
-Twilight Hack is killed
-Trucha signed games killed

And I've got one question to the list: Does this update kill Freeloader? IIRC, Freeloader uses the same system as the Trucha method, so this isn't looking good for us PAL gamers. WHY? WHY?????

And good luck to the Twilight hack team, for finding a solution! Perhaps it'll now be called the Galaxy hack, eh?
wink.gif

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Twilight Hack was an exploit of a bug. Incorrect usage of the twilight hack might cause your Wii to brick. So it's perfectly normal for Nintendo to fix it.

And I'm glad they did.

Loginer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like this update breaks the Freeloader, too. Oh well, as long as you have the Homebrew Channel, it doesn't matter. :/

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
^^You've got to be kidding right? There are loads of easier ways to brick your Wii than via Twilight Hack. It can't really be 'maliciously' exploited without the end-user's consent so I don't really understand your point. (Like it can't be hijacked or anything unless you copy a dodgy save over)

(And do we still call it the twilight hack?)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
They seem to check some lenght in the save file, I guess its possible just to change name of the save file to something else and bypass it. I don't know how to do it but its just an idea.

EDIT: What I am mening by the name of the save file is that "TWHILLIGHT HACKED SAVE" or what is called to something like... TWH

Loginer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
linuxares said:
They seem to check some lenght in the save file, I guess its possible just to change name of the save file to something else and bypass it. I don't know how to do it but its just an idea.

EDIT: What I am mening by the name of the save file is that "TWHILLIGHT HACKED SAVE" or what is called to something like... TWH
Nope. Changing the name of the save wouldn't accomplish anything. It identifies the save with some sort of ID, and if you change that, TP won't find the save, so...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E