Wii #2199 - Swords (USA)

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

umm welll yeah game looks totaly bad ... google says "Swords is a Wii game about Swords" (who would have thaught so)

swords429002.jpg
swords429006.jpg
swords429008.jpg

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Interesting. I hear it's a more or less solid attemp to capture precise swordplay in a full-fledged Wii game, not unlike Tornament of Legends, but far better executed. Gonna get it and try, but with my connection it's going to take up some time.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It SHOULD be like Wii Sports Resort sword minigame+ Tournament of Legends setting.

yuyuyup, you never know, that one might have just been an easier demo build for the expo.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I played the game and IMO the controls are completely broken when used in actual combat.

I think I`ll stick to WSResort, Ghost Slayer and Red Steel 2 for my sword-swinging games!!!

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ibis_87 said:
You mean, the detection is not good enough? Or is it just hard to execute them in real battle?I would say both!

As far as I could tell there were quite a few instances, where the Wiimote went completely async or it just couldn`t hold up with the speed of my strikes (especially when I try to do two strikes successively).

Also the over all detection of the strikes is bad. Sometimes it recognizes a strike and sometimes it thinks you are changing the way you`re holding the sword.

There are many games, like the ones I mentioned before, that already did it pretty good! I don`t get it...

QUOTE(SparkFenix @ Sep 21 2010, 07:06 PM) Also whats a ghost slayer o.o?

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Quick Review:-

Short game, but really innovative, and I disagree with people that it has broken controls, it's fine, though flaky at times, but really, a game is never perfect especially when it has motion controls in it, this ones' no exception.

Campaign is really short-lived and simple, that's the biggest drawback of this game, otherwise the mini-games and 1-on-1 Duels are good, and of course there is Versus mode to battle your own Brother, Sister or Friends alike. Now you can finally release all your anger against someone (or just duel to see whose best) by holding a Blade (Uh I mean Wiimote) in your hand.

Somewhat disappointing but overall good for your Wii library, I'd rate it 7/10.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SamAsh07 said:
...Short game, but really innovative, and I disagree with people that it has broken controls, it's fine, though flaky at times, but really, a game is never perfect especially when it has motion controls in it, this ones' no exception...
Did you encounter any calibration-errors or the Wiimote getting async with this game. I somehow have this problem constantly! Also does the game read it correctely when you do two strikes successively? Because like I said it seems to have a hard time doing that, even though WSR managed to do that... Maybe something is wrong with my WM+
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*