Wii #2069 - Xenoblade (Japan)

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DCG said:
it looks to me like a fusion of tales of symphonia (my sister has it) and monster hunter tri.

ps. hmm I already guessed that the massive mech you see in the first trailer is some sort of final boss/stage.
Actually, the game is set on two huge robot/alien/god things. All the environments in the game are somewhere on them. So the final stage is somewhere on one of them, but maybe one of them is the final boss too.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
YAY! I've been waiting for this, I can't find it anywhere though :/.
If I feel like it I can make some skill and item translations, since that's sorta easy
smile.gif

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Freudian Lemur said:
DCG said:
it looks to me like a fusion of tales of symphonia (my sister has it) and monster hunter tri.

ps. hmm I already guessed that the massive mech you see in the first trailer is some sort of final boss/stage.

Actually, the game is set on two huge robot/alien/god things. All the environments in the game are somewhere on them. So the final stage is somewhere on one of them, but maybe one of them is the final boss too.

Or It could be that you have to take control of one of them and battle the other using that Xenogear. Because in one of the trailers it shows them trying to enact one of the huge Xenogears. And/or givng you the chance to choose which Xenogear you fight with, changing your ending. For all we know those things could just be the tip of the iceberg when it comes the story and the last boss could be even bigger than they are and is actually what the huge Xenogears were fighting on (the fight that ended in them becoming huge imovable objects). @_@ That would be epic. Can you imagine how epic that fight would be, fighting a boss a planet in size using a Xenogear that is a continent in size? @_@

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
silkyskeeter said:
Freudian Lemur said:
DCG said:

Or It could be that you have to take control of one of them and battle the other using that Xenogear. Because in one of the trailers it shows them trying to enact one of the huge Xenogears. And/or givng you the chance to chose which Xenogear you fight with, changing your ending. For all we know those things could just be the tip of the iceberg when it comes the story and the last boss could be even bigger than they are and is actually what the huge Xenogears were fighting on (the fight that ended in them becoming huge imovable objects). @_@ That would be epic. Can you imagine how epic that fight would be, fighting a boss a planet in size using a Xenogear that is a continent in size? @_@
Hmm... Have you played Sin & Punishment, the first one?
Well the final boss is Earth.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Goli said:

No sadly I never got to play the N64 Sin and Punishment. But I did download the Virtual Console version but I couldnt get past a certain part where you have to fight some guy in the cockpit of some place and never played it again(I probably could beat him now that I got pretty far in the sequel and understand how the game mechanics work). LoL the same goes for Sin and Punishment 2, I am stuck at the start of the stage 6 xD. Add in the fact that way too many good games came out at around the same time and I dunno when I will get back to playing either Sin and Punishment or Sin and Punishment 2. I have way too many games on my plate, atm. I have 2 1' x 1' x 2' boxes filled with retail games I have yet to beat yet plus 40+ downloaded games I havent beaten. Having all systems kinda sucks sometimes.

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Goli said:
Well the final boss is Earth.Not quite right. It was a fake earth, and you had to defend the real earth.

QUOTE(silkyskeeter @ Jun 9 2010, 02:30 PM) Or It could be that you have to take control of one of them and battle the other using that Xenogear. Because in one of the trailers it shows them trying to enact one of the huge Xenogears. And/or givng you the chance to choose which Xenogear you fight with, changing your ending. For all we know those things could just be the tip of the iceberg when it comes the story and the last boss could be even bigger than they are and is actually what the huge Xenogears were fighting on (the fight that ended in them becoming huge imovable objects). @_@ That would be epic. Can you imagine how epic that fight would be, fighting a boss a planet in size using a Xenogear that is a continent in size? @_@
Don't you mean "gears"? I thought "Xenogears" was just the name of the game, and the mechs were called "gears". And I thought that the robots in Xenoblade were the enemies (apart from the huge ones which no one knows about).
I'm pretty sure that the two games' stories aren't really gonna be related at all.

cubia59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm waiting this game since it was first announced, it's almost time to play, i can't wait. Watching trailers and listening to BGM's gives me goosebumps.

Sorry about my english, i'm french.
nayps3.gif

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Freudian Lemur said:
Goli said:
Not quite right. It was a fake earth, and you had to defend the real earth.
It was still Earth
tongue.gif
! (even if a fake one)
Also, there's alredy Xenoblade vids on youtube from people that bought/have the game, me wants to play
cry.gif

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Freudian Lemur said:
Goli said:
Well the final boss is Earth.Not quite right. It was a fake earth, and you had to defend the real earth.

QUOTE(silkyskeeter @ Jun 9 2010, 02:30 PM) Or It could be that you have to take control of one of them and battle the other using that Xenogear. Because in one of the trailers it shows them trying to enact one of the huge Xenogears. And/or givng you the chance to choose which Xenogear you fight with, changing your ending. For all we know those things could just be the tip of the iceberg when it comes the story and the last boss could be even bigger than they are and is actually what the huge Xenogears were fighting on (the fight that ended in them becoming huge imovable objects). @_@ That would be epic. Can you imagine how epic that fight would be, fighting a boss a planet in size using a Xenogear that is a continent in size? @_@
Don't you mean "gears"? I thought "Xenogears" was just the name of the game, and the mechs were called "gears". And I thought that the robots in Xenoblade were the enemies (apart from the huge ones which no one knows about).
I'm pretty sure that the two games' stories aren't really gonna be related at all.
Well you can call it what ever you want but the "Xeno" in Xenogears was just explaining the word after it, gears. Xeno means foriegn, strange, alien or abnormal, in Greek I believe or was it Roman, (eitherway). Which, loosely, means the name was StrangeGears. So really they were all Xenogears not just gears. Really doesnt pay to try to be a smart ass, you know (especially when you are wrong).

And by one of the trailers, not all the Xenogears are bad because one of them is fighting the Xenogear that looks like the 4 armed robot from one of the Star Wars movies (not enough of a Star Wars fan to know which movie I am referencing), who obviously is bad. I am sure the stories arent connected. The Xeno games usually are only linked by the Xenogears that inhabit the game(s) (similiar to the Gundam series). Never was implying that they would be connected at all.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Goli said:
]
I know japanese!
I just can't find this game anywhere.
I cant find it anywhere either..... Im hoping someone dumps it on usenet, so I can get the game in 30-40 mins, soon because I completely loathe downloading the game in parts from file hosting sites and torrents are a nono because they take forever.

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
silkyskeeter said:
Well you can call it what ever you want but the "Xeno" in Xenogears was just explaining the word after it, gears. Xeno means foriegn, strange, alien or abnormal, in Greek I believe or was it Roman, (eitherway). Which, loosely, means the name was StrangeGears. So really they were all Xenogears not just gears. Really doesnt pay to try to be a smart ass, you know (especially when you are wrong).I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, it's just that the mechs in Xenogears are usually referred to as "gears" (methinks someone seems overly competitive...).

QUOTE(silkyskeeter @ Jun 9 2010, 04:09 PM) And by one of the trailers, not all the Xenogears are bad because one of them is fighting the Xenogear that looks like the 4 armed robot from one of the Star Wars movies (not enough of a Star Wars fan to know which movie I am referencing), who obviously is bad. I am sure the stories arent connected. The Xeno games usually are only linked by the Xenogears that inhabit the game(s) (similiar to the Gundam series). Never was implying that they would be connected at all.
Yes, one was fighting the other, but I really wouldn't refer to them as gears or xenogears, because these seem to be entirely sentient robots (not yet seen any of them being controlled by anything else). And there aren't any gears (or xenogears) in Xenosaga, so there's no precedent for there to be any in Xenoblade.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Freudian Lemur said:
silkyskeeter said:
Well you can call it what ever you want but the "Xeno" in Xenogears was just explaining the word after it, gears. Xeno means foriegn, strange, alien or abnormal, in Greek I believe or was it Roman, (eitherway). Which, loosely, means the name was StrangeGears. So really they were all Xenogears not just gears. Really doesnt pay to try to be a smart ass, you know (especially when you are wrong).
I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, it's just that the mechs in Xenogears are usually referred to as "gears" (methinks someone seems overly competitive...).
Well there were E.S.s instead
smile.gif

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Blue-K said:
Goli said:
I know japanese!
I just can't find this game anywhere.
I found the Torrent in one minute
tongue.gif
. But yes, it seems that there are no direct links right now.
My googling skills must suck since I can't find it anywhere that I've used before on torrents.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8