Wii #2027 - Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space (Europe)

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah I've been pretty under impressed with the Telltale games on wii, which is unfortunate because the controls are great for adventure games

kraftwerkdummy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geoflcl said:
Bahh, I doubt they improved the cruddiness of how Sam and Max runs on Wii.

Yup. I remember playing Season 1 on the Wii and thinking... "okay, next season, I will just get it on Steam" but after getting caught up in the story/adventure I kinda learned to ignore the jerky-glitchy gameplay. Now, a year or so later I went and bought season 2 and all the glitchy gameplay that I had forgotten about is there again. It's sad because these types of games are a perfect match for the Wii controls.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
suharma said:
-post removed-
Not only are you not allowed to talk in another language than English on this forum, you're also not allowed to request links to roms or isos.

It's a shame Telltale games are so badly programmed. They run incredibly bad on the Wii, and almost just as bad on PC and PS3. I really don't understand; these games look pretty basic, but they feel really slow, like you're running them on a device that it wasn't really made for.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
It's a shame Telltale games are so badly programmed. They run incredibly bad on the Wii, and almost just as bad on PC and PS3. I really don't understand; these games look pretty basic, but they feel really slow, like you're running them on a device that it wasn't really made for.
The Strongbad ones I reckon ran well enough of course they are less demanding as others, Monkey Island sadly suffers from having to be compressed into 40MB.

No reason to why retail games can't be good looking.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Telltale's games are just plain unoptimized for anything, really. Like Strong Bad's unnecessarily high-poly models for stupid things like bushes. Worse, the game was cel-shaded, which meant MORE polygons for the big, black borders on everything. Very, very inefficient. Tisk, tisk!
laugh.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Maikel Steneker said:
suharma said:
-post removed-
Not only are you not allowed to talk in another language than English on this forum, you're also not allowed to request links to roms or isos.

They run incredibly bad on the Wii, and almost just as bad on PC
actually they run perfect on the pc i never had 1 problem with 1,2 and 3 on MY pc all ran smoothly.

wui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same issue I had with the first, only menus display, crash the wii when starting an episode... Anyone managed to make this one works?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.