1. Gullwing

Gullwing homo

United States
    I tried all of the above and it still doesn't work... It freezes on when I choose the 1st option from the menu. I have a 4.2 pal Wii on cIOS rev 17 and done everything teh video said... I tried running it both with USB loader GX and neogamma but no luck

2. elmariachi

elmariachi GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    update your cIOS to Rev 19

3. silkyskeeter

silkyskeeter GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hmm are sure you did it right? Im using cIOS rev 14. Are you sure it was v4 (not v5 v5 doesnt work for this game)?
    Just to makes sure. This is exactly what I did in the video:
    1.Remove all GameCube memory cards and controllers.
    ?This step is very important. Do not ignore it .
    2.Start HomeBrew Channel and start the cIOS 222 Installer
    3.Read the warning message and push A
    4.Select IOS249 to perform the install with D-pad left/right and push A
    5.Select to Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS38 merged with IOS37
    6.Wait for download and installation to complete
    7.Start HomeBrew Channel and start the cIOS 222 Installer again
    8.Select IOS249 to perform the install again
    9.This time select Custom IOS 223 and select IOS38 merged with IOS60
    ?IOS223 gives you an alternative option for merged IOS in this way. It is exactly the same as IOS222 otherwise.
    ?Experiment with other merges or not merging at all if neither of the options provided here work for you.

Are sure this is what you did?

4. silkyskeeter

Canada
    Wow I will just respond to that with this
    Monster Hunter Frontier (pc) 2007
    -_- http://pc.mh-frontier.jp/

Monster Hunter Frontier (360) 2010
    -_- http://xbox360.mh-frontier.jp/

DAMN that looks like more than 360. Count with me PC (2007), then 3 years later a port of it for the 360. I be damned, THATS 2 PLATFORMS.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Frontier
    As far as it outselling all the rest of the Monster Hunters, that was from a News report YEARS ago that I cant seem to find. But I dont need to clairfy my facts anymore than I have. And I never said it was announced for any place other than Japan. I said it if it isnt coming internationally they wouldnt have put the trailer on North American Xbox Live. Please go be ignorant somewhere else.

5. qdog82

qdog82 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for proving my point, those monster diseagns look terrible in the video, ohh and suddenly it went from "Sorry numbers speak louder than your ignorant opinion" to "that was from a News report YEARS ago that I cant seem to find" sure you cant find it because it never outsold the main PS2 or PSP versions, and i know because i am following the Monster hunter franchise since the first one.

6. silkyskeeter

Canada
    LoL you expect me remember numbers from 3 YEARS AGO? Love how that was all that you had to come back with after I shatter EVERYTHING you said. With not only links but videos of the trailers and the offical websites. Eitherway I am done with you. I proved EVERYTHING I said and trying to read your broken english is starting to hurt my head. Now you are just being a troll.

7. qdog82

qdog82 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No, you didn't

8. desh_thiere

desh_thiere GBAtemp Regular

Hey guys, quick question.

So I live in Australia (PAL territory) and have the NTSC copy of the game. I am currently playing it to death and loving it.

My question is, I am assuming this game will be hardcoded to connect to NTSC servers if I want to go online. Which will either not work at all, or be laggy as hell. Or, will the game detect my wii settings and connect to PAL servers when they are opened? I am assuming it is the first, rather than the latter.

If this is the case, will there be any way to convert my save game from NTSC to PAL so I can continue using the same character when the PAL version is released?

It would suck to have to start all over again [​IMG]

Thanks for your help if anyone knows the answers.

9. grisser

grisser Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Now now, children. Quit getting mad at the internet

Back on topic. Was there a way play online with Japanese Tri from USBloader?

I dont' feel like buying some blanks rightnow :\

10. grisser

grisser Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @desh_thiere

Try forum over at Minegarde.com
    They had MHF2G > MHFU converter before. Maybe they'll have the same thing for Tri [​IMG]

11. qdog82

qdog82 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    We will find out when the american servers are online, but im pretty sure its based on the disk.

12. kylehaas

kylehaas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I realize that a lot of people load their games through USB, but could someone please take a moment to help everyone that still uses DVDs!?
    Neogamma obviously doesn't work (black screen with screeching sound) and I've tried using Uloader w/223 and it only allows to boot from USB.

I simply want to use the DVD.
    Please, I know other people have the same problem.
    I've got Cios258 rev 19 and also hermes cios.

13. tRiBaLmUnKy

tRiBaLmUnKy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This was posted earlier that seems to fix most people's problems.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218...p;#entry2762599

14. kylehaas

kylehaas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks, I actually found that a little bit ago. Game is working perfectly.
    Hooah!

15. elmariachi

elmariachi GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-games/29567-gu...-save-ntsc.html

its for NSMB but probably will be smt like this only in reverse ...

16. Kevin242

Kevin242 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I wanted to let anyone know who is interested that I have the game working perfect. I have a soft moded Wii, but I also have a DriveKey installed (pre NSMB version) and it works thru Disc Channel fine. This leads me to believe if you have any sort of hardware modded Wii you can play this on dvd-r without any problems. Played for a while (aprox 45mins), it's funny I didn't like the demo, but the actual game is kinda fun. Still too early to tell for me if it's a classic, but I am gonna play so more tomorrow!!

17. desh_thiere

So the US servers go live in around 30 minutes or so I believe. 9 PM PST on Monday the 19th, which is today in the states.

Is anyone from PAL territories going to try to jump on? i am a bit concerned about bannings. I know it rarely happens with wii games, and usually because of cheating. However, it would suck if you tried to jump on from a PAL territory, they flagged your IP as not originating from the US and then banned your wii from accessing the servers in the future.

Anyone think this would actually happen? Or am I being paranoid? [​IMG]

I am stuck at work for another 3 hours or so, but i will be able to jump on gbatemp periodically. If anyone from a PAL territory (particularly Australia) managed to get online, let me know what the experience is like. I so wanna get home tonight and hit up some mates for some multi, I just don't expect to be able to connect to the servers using the NTSC copy from Australia [​IMG]

18. thebert

thebert Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    any online bans to speak of? I'm worried so I haven't tried yet. (living in US)

19. desh_thiere

Well you can try it fine. You are in the US, no one can say you haven't obtained a legal copy of the game. I am simply worried as I am in Australia and there is no possible way I could have the game at this stage.

20. thebert

thebert Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    figured no news is good news and just risked it. Anyway, good news is it seems to not be a problem.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Monster, Hunter, #2018