Wii #2011 - Cabela's Monster Buck Hunter (USA)

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WHOOO DOGGIE Now I can shoot me up some dur!

But seriously, I could never play a game like this. For one I dont see a point in the sport of shooting defenseless animals (let alone a game about it) and for two, the fact that, that gun isnt accurately pointing where the cursor is would drive me nutts.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
better than monster hunter!
laugh.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The title of the game confuses me.
The way the game sounds like wii sports when you kill a deer confuses me more.
The crosshair not lining up with the gun's aim is just....ugh.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silkyskeeter said:

But seriously, I could never play a game like this. For one I dont see a point in the sport of shooting defenseless animals (let alone a game about it) and for two, the fact that, that gun isnt accurately pointing where the cursor is would drive me nutts.
Don't be such a wimp. It's really fun to eat what you kill. Frankly people who can't gut an animal have no business eating meat.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WAtch out! Those MONSTER Bucks! Will poop on your lawn! SHOOT EM SHOOT EM!

It counts as a sport more or less.
The only way it could be more respectfull toward the animal is to have a cooking and eating minigame xD.
Really, its just a game, we can shoot fluffy bunnies and fenced quail all we want, thats what the game world is for. Pure unaltered mayhem.

Game looks nicely smoothed out but badly animated and stiff.
Could be the better looking of all the generic animal shooting games.

I really wanna see a game like this spun around like mad.
Start off as a basic animal hunting game then slowly move into zombie animals and aliens and wild robots and weird crap. Maybe make it one big open world with patchs of crazy stuff to run into.
Would make it fun.
Played a dinosuar hunting game once though, very open world style and really not that bad. Bland nad boring though but hey, dinosuars and guns.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pliskron said:
silkyskeeter said:

Don't be such a wimp. It's really fun to eat what you kill. Frankly people who can't gut an animal have no business eating meat.
LoL you're assuming. I grew up in the country, I have gutted an animal(and fish) that I have killed. There's a differance in hunting for food and hunting for sport, which is EXACTLY what I said. "For one I dont see a point in the SPORT of shooting defenseless animals" As far as your last sentense goes, we are not savages and we have other ppl do the killing. The whole gutting an animal for food works when you live out in the sticks, but when you live in the city(like me and most), where there is concrete for miles, that isnt possible xD

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
Everybody I know that hunts does it for the sport of it and for food. I doubt the designers of this "fine" and "great" game wanted a level where you drive the deer to the local butcher to get the meat processed though
rofl2.gif

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
To the guy who refuses to play this, purely because they are against hunting animals for sports, COME ON thats Stupid !! I agree with you ethos, I too wouldn't hunt an animal purely for sport, but I'd play a game about it. I mean with your logic what games do you play ? Lets see, no racing games, because you'd have to go above the speed limit in them all, no FPS's because its illegal to shoot people ?!? well, if you arent gonna eat them afterwards that is, so that rules out fishing games too, and RPG's and adventures on the same basis, I suppose. :/ No minigames packages like Wario or Rabbids, cause they arent realistic. No platformers because you cant jump that high, and besides most have unreal monsters in them. Get my point .. You're being pointlessly ethical, on a medium that encourages pointless fun. I'm wondering if you understand that computer games aren't real..

rare man ..

On topic .. Just tried it, the game is crap .. ;P

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
resincake said:
To the guy who refuses to play this, purely because they are against hunting animals for sports, COME ON thats Stupid !! I agree with you ethos, I too wouldn't hunt an animal purely for sport, but I'd play a game about it. I mean with your logic what games do you play ? Lets see, no racing games, because you'd have to go above the speed limit in them all, no FPS's because its illegal to shoot people ?!? well, if you arent gonna eat them afterwards that is, so that rules out fishing games too, and RPG's and adventures on the same basis, I suppose. :/ No minigames packages like Wario or Rabbids, cause they arent realistic. No platformers because you cant jump that high, and besides most have unreal monsters in them. Get my point .. You're being pointlessly ethical, on a medium that encourages pointless fun. I'm wondering if you understand that computer games aren't real..

rare man ..

On topic .. Just tried it, the game is crap .. ;P
LoL I never said I refused to play this game purely because I am against hunting animals for sport. I just see no point in it.(learn to read and comprehend), but I purely refuse to play this game because it looks looks like crap. Dont read into my words falsely and assume. I SAID "For one I dont see a point in the sport of shooting defenseless animals" Just like I see no point in sports games PERIOD (because I play them in real life), so I dont play those games either. I see no point in playing games that have been milked for years like Pokemon and DragonBall so I dont play those either. I play games that are fun to me and THIS isnt fun to me (it just comes off as a poorly made shooter on a subject that most gamers could care less about. Dont put words in my mouth because that is not what I said. I mean ONLY what I said. You act like I said I was some animal activist, which Im not and never even emplies I was. I couldnt see myself playing this game for the 2 REASONS I said, because I see no point in the sport of killing defenseless animals and because of the unrealistic targeting. THATS IT. In otherwords "ITS NOT MY KIND OF GAME". Im not gonna spend 2 hours downloading a game that doesnt interest me in any kind of way. I love how you called this game pointless fun and then turned around and said you downloaded and it sucked......complete contradiction there..... And as far as the stupid rant you went on trying to determine what games I play based off the incorrect assumtion you came to about me; I play most the games you named off except I see no point in those mindless minigames-based games (Mario Party, ALL the Warioware games, ect) They are pointless and stupid and at the end of it all you didnt gain anything and Fishing in general is boring (in real life and in game form). Unlike when you play through a game with an epic story or beating a racer and getting all the cars you wanted, you feel like you accomplished something. Of course I know computer games arent real and if you would have followed the topic and seen the other comments I did you wouldnt have came to this ignorant assumtion because I have hunted animals for sport/food as a kid just, like I said, I seen no point in it. And even if it was true that I wouldnt play this game purely because I love animals or w/e you said, which its not, what's it to you? Did you make the game? Are you getting a kick back or praise for ppl liking the game? Dont thinks so....Just trolling someone elses's opinion for no reason. Everyone has their preferences in gaming.....grow up kid.
QUOTE(silkyskeeter @ Apr 3 2010, 08:21PM) WHOOO DOGGIE Now I can shoot me up some dur!

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
that might be how it's done in Texas, Georgia or Alabama but in the rest of the world were more civilized
rofl2.gif

That's a bullshit statement from someone who has never been to Texas.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(silkyskeeter @ Apr 4 2010, 05:18 AM) LoL you're assuming. I grew up in the country, I have gutted an animal(and fish) that I have killed. There's a differance in hunting for food and hunting for sport, which is EXACTLY what I said. "For one I dont see a point in the SPORT of shooting defenseless animals" As far as your last sentense goes, we are not savages and we have other ppl do the killing. The whole gutting an animal for food works when you live out in the sticks, but when you live in the city(like me and most), where there is concrete for miles, that isnt possible xD
Umm I hope you know quite a few people get killed every year on hunting trips by the very animals they hunt. In short Animals are *not* defenseless.

I would not play this game because it looks like a pile of stinky poo.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just got around to playing this today. This isn't a hunting game... this is an animal slaughter fest. LOL. First play of 'top shot challenge' mode, I got 129 kills with only 99 shots fired in 3 minutes. I prefer the strategic (track your prey) hunting games if I'm gonna even play one... first time playing one of these arcade over the top ones... not as fun, almost too easy. Remmington Bird Hunt was pretty good, way better then this and will stay my favorite Wii hunter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says...