Wii #1972 - Fragile Dreams - Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Europe)

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CyrusBlue said:
It saddens me that this game is gonna be pirated up the ass and we'll never get a sequel.
Same can be said for every game since ps1, yet there have been sequels by the truck load(some that should have never had sequels to begin with) and pirating has been readily done since before ps1. Pirating doesnt really hurt the industry as much as you think. Besides there is a small audience for these types of games outside of Japan anyway. On top of that, not everyone that pirates doesnt support the games they like. Ppl that pirate dont aways JUST download the game. If they like the game, they buy the game and/or memorabilia to support it (if you dont, you are just a leech). If anything, pirating should encourage developers to make better games, because they have really been dropping the ball the last 6-7 years. I am one of the ppl that downloads games and still buys games, that are actually good, for that simple fact. I cant name how many times I have paid 60-80$ for a game and I only play it once and it collects dust for years afterwards. Videogames and movies are the only things that you buy "as is" BRAND NEW (if the game has glitches and hangups (things that should have been fixed and taken care of during beta testing but werent) or just sucks, you cant just call up somewhere and say "This game wasnt up to my liking could you fix it" so I think piracy is a good equilibrium to the gaming industry since they dont do their jobs correctly anyway and/or dont make a means or an effort to fix their mistakes) Atleast now that I download games I can sample if it is worth the money instead of buying a game for 60-80$ then finding out the game sucks and try to take it back and only get a 10$ trade-in credit for the game (Phantasy Star Universe comes to mind when I say that. Bought the game as soon as it came out, found out it sucked and took it back to the store and it was only worth 15$ 3 DAYS AFTER ITS RELEASE! I said "screw that" and just kept the game and played out my free month trial and never touched the game again). Eitherway international sales dont makes sequels, LOCAL sales do (Tobal no1 comes to mind when I say that. Tobal no1 did well internationally and then Tobal no2 came out and never left Japan). Then THEY decide if it goes international and like I said, games like this have a very small audience outside of Japan. Even if everyone that likes this game goes out and buys it, it most likely will never get a sequel. Games like this usually dont go past one game anyhow.

Azariel_z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cosmiccow said:
Apart from the character design (emo?
tongue.gif
) it looks awesome.

Just follow batman's example...

pyzam4.jpg

get rid of them
lecture.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played it for a few hours and I can't say I want to go back. It looks lovely, has good characters and a good setting plus the story is nice enough but the actual game is just too dull to enjoy.

After the first hour I thought "hey most games like this are boring at the beginning" but just gave up as there was nothing there to make me want to continue.

Gameplay and controls could have been done a lot better.

Seems like the reviews were right with this one, which is a shame but I reckon some gamers will want to finish it just because of the story but for me I need a good game as well.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
US version been at gamefly since the 11th. Slow americans. I see a scrubbed version on its way but thats about it

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
BrokenHearted said:
[...]the spanish and the italians complain and petition Rising Star to release this game in their language. Apparently, Rising Star will collaborate with spanish gamers to release a downloadable patch that will put the text in spanish, but there's no knowing when it'll be ready.
What you say is funny (troll ?)

And how will the game read the patch ?
The NAND DLC patch can't be detected inside a Wii disc-game and live-patched the game. It "Could" work if they hard coded a way to read a patch from NAND when developing the game, thinking "hey, once it's out, let's make it read patch for whatever reason unknown from us right now", or better "let's use hacked cIOS to load files from SDcard !"
I really doubt a "downloadable" patch will ever be released for a Wii game. The wii can access the Disck only, and the NAND is used for Savegame only.
If there's a patch, it's in form of a new retail disc. not a downloadable content.

@Hadrian :
Too bad you didn't like it.
I hope I'll like it enough, I'm waiting for this game since the japanese release was announced. It will be bad if it's not that good
frown.gif

Retrovertigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
BrokenHearted said:
How about actually going to Rising Star's website and looking at their announcement before insinuating that I'm a troll
dry.gif

Here's the link if you're too lazy to do it yourself: http://www.risingstargames.com/blog/rising...reams-fans.html
Ok, I didn't check their website first, but it's the "download-able patch to make to wii translate the game" that made me not trust your information.
Like Retrovertigo said, it's more on a form of script downloaded in electronic format (pdf ?) or interactive document to select the game scene (maybe).
But not a real patch (or Else, a ppf patch for pirates to patch the iso? lol)

I read the users comment on the spanish website, some of them said "the translation is already complete 100% and will be included in the game ? that's great" (sort of translation
tongue.gif
)
So, that's what I'm thinking too. The spanish fans translated the game and their translation is included in this actual release, and Then after the official release date (tomorrow, march 19) it will be available on both their website and Rising start website too.

Edit :
I played it, this is only a multi-4
en / fr / de / jp
There's no es included.

Control is not so crappy, just the cursors out of screen cause the camera to freeze :/
and can't turn backward quickly.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
i'm done with this another wii game ruined by crappy controls
Really? Another one ruined by crappy controls or crappy gameplay mechanics? (although I'm not sure if it will ruin the game for me) What is the most recent potentially good game ruined by controls?

I think I'm done with paying attention to what people have to say on the internet.

AbstractSam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm mainly playing it for the story, and everyone seems to be complaining about the gameplay, so I'll be alright.

But I knew they should of made this into an anime instead. :/

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AbstractSam said:
I'm mainly playing it for the story, and everyone seems to be complaining about the gameplay, so I'll be alright.

But I knew they should of made this into an anime instead. :/

Yeah, I could almost agree with that. I did enjoy the adventure elements, though. In spite of the camera locking when you move the remote too quickly to the edge of the screen, I enjoyed exploring the world; it is oozing with atmosphere. Had they simply taken the combat out and filled that space with simple gameplay devices, it would have truly been a great game. The story is...amazing! All it needed was less, really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?