Wii #1517 - DiRT 2 (USA)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well NGamer says its shit and another mag I glanced at (forget which but it wasnt ONM) said it was below average.

Trailers make it look like a sub par PS2 game. Sure the Wii can do better than PS2 right?

Anyway I guess you're better off with the PC/360/PS3 versions if you can play those. I hope the DS one is good.

Oisterboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been seeing ad's on G4 all night. Watching the cops mini-marathon and been checking in for the release. AWESOME.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Been playing the demo on PS3, and it is really good. Took me a couple races to get a feel for the handling of the cars though. In the process of grabbing it for Xbox 360 also.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
i bet its shit on ps3 too, alot of racing games are
the only ones that are really good on ps3 are midnight club la and burnout paradise and grand turismo 5

Cant be any less shit then a wii game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
anaxs said:
the only ones that are really good on ps3 are midnight club la and burnout paradise and grand turismo 5

No one likes a troll.

The Wii already has Excitebots/truck and Mario Kart Wii. I find generally Nintendo systems don't pull of realistic racers very well (except Excitetruck). I'm not a big racing fan anyway, though.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
quepaso said:
anaxs said:

No one likes a troll.

The Wii already has Excitebots/truck and Mario Kart Wii. I find generally Nintendo systems don't pull of realistic racers very well (except Excitetruck). I'm not a big racing fan anyway, though.

I agree. I mean, when i think realistic racers, i think Excite Truck. Not those lame games like Gran Turismo. What lamers.

mdp_1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've looked around, read a few articles and still have a neutral point of view about this game. Is the worth the time?

K

Kurisuellegarden

anaxs said:
thats wat i meant
nintendo only make creative racing games that are fun in their own way

*sigh* This isn't MADE and DEVELOPED by Nintendo, it's just printed by them, that's about it. They really had nothing to do with the game at all. So, don't hold this up to Nintendo standards. Hold this up to 3rd party developer standards...

jeremiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just tried the game, and did a little cup.
Graphics wise, the game is better in motion than in the screenshots, altrough, their is some slowdowns.
The cars are well modeled and can be damaged.
The environement is...sometines relatively nice for a wii game, sometimes quite bland. Trees and bush are quite bad IMO. And I think they look quite small. Textures of the road or rocks are pretty low-res and smoothed a lot (which give it a n64-ish feel).
Control wise, I did not liked the wiimote controls, so I pluged my classic controller, and put the "Pro" controls. Controls are like other Dirt/Colin Mcrae games, it takes a little time to master the car.
Sounds in my opinion are annoyning, and their is no "in race" musics (only in menu).

Overall: It's not as shitty as you can think of by viewing the screenshot. Give it a try. I would not say its a good game, but definitively not a crappy one. After 30min, I could say it's a average game worth giving a shot who will last for some weeks then we will forget it (sadly, like many wii games).

DsHacker14

Trophies
Website
www.arschacks.com
XP
Country
United States
man.. they need to make a wii motion plus on these racing games because i get pissed off whenever im playing a racing game on the wii and im crashing all over the place.. Ill stick to my 360 for racing games for now. I might rent this game though, just to see how it is.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
DiRT_2_NTSC_WII_iCON / DiRT_2_NTSC_DIRFIX_WII-iCON

unsure.gif
???

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow half you people don't recognize an amazing game when you see one. I guess its because it looks horrible on the wii, but still its an amazing game. You guys should also try the original dirt. It's amazing!

You guys should check out the graphics of the 360/ps3 version here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: How Roms Try Helping? +1