Wii #1511 - The Beatles: Rock Band (Europe)

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've often read of there being a lot of negatives from installing cioscorps

aren't there issues I could encounter with my system from installing cioscorps?

if so then it's just not worth it. if cioscorps can do it, then so can a custom made wiiloader i think. everything that people have needed cioscorps for in the past has I've found just involved installing some extra cios and/or ios files and then voila, I could run the same games with neogamma. so is cioscorp really the answer or is it just that cioscorp installs something that w'ere missing without it and we could install the same thing and voila, we have rock band instruments working with neogamma with disc loading?

Psycho Sonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gbasource said:
It works off disc if u install cioscorps and preloader.

It's like we're in a forum where people don't read threads.

QUOTE(Psycho Sonic @ Sep 5 2009, 05:07 PM) Are you running a PAL wii or something? I'm NTSC and I followed the guide at smdepot that results from that google search, but the disc channel gives me a Disc Cannot Be Read, I think it's because the disc is PAL. I've tried changing the menu ios (via preloader) to 36 and 249, same thing. If I try running off of 56, the last ios in the guide, the wii reports that it's been corrupted.

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Psycho Sonic said:
It's like we're in a forum where people don't read threads.

sorry, what did you say?
wink2.gif

anyway, seriously, I've read of someone with cioscorp getting rockband usb instruments to work from a rbbeatles backup disc. so I think maybe he's right... but my point remains, is cioscorp safe, reliable, and worth installing just for this game or can a loader actually be made that will do what is needeD?

just trying to keep the eyes on the prize here. wish I knew how the heck all the ioses and cioses worked but I simply don't have time to learn it all with my 3 kids, wife and 2 jobs...

cheers :-)

D

Sonic1200

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys I got a Pal Wii 4.1E with cIOS 249 and 222/223 hermes (merged). I have the black screen in any configuration of HD loaders and Disc Loaders..I tried thousands ios and thousands configuration (uloader, usb loader config, usb laoder gx, softchip etc.) Is there a solution? I read a lot of configuration but it seems that doesn't work for me..Please help me.. I'm getting mad! >.< PS: Sorry for my bad english..

Paul06TC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why everyone is having problems with this working with a usb loader. I'm using USBLoaderGX rev 713 and it works fine for me. 4.1U, WiiKey, Waninkoko's rev 14 installed at 249.

What I did to get this working was to change the boot type to Force NTSC and put the usual error 002 fix and put on patch country strings and it works like a charm. This did not boot up before when it was set to disc default. Hope this helps!!!!

chiroaus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got it running through uLoader 2.7 ios 22. PAL WiiKey 1.9s 4.01e
All Rockband and GH3/4 instruments work as well as mic. Great game and great interface!

HESA1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Question.

I have downloaded game PAL. My Wii is PAL also 4.1E WiiKey2. Disc asks for an update. Is it safe to run it?

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game loads fine using GX and 249 rev14 however if you want the USB instruments to work, the only way I was able to do it is intall hermes cios 222(36+37) and 223(38+36) and use CFG USB loader to load the game using 222 mload. All other loaders wouldnt work for me.

It was a blast to play with my friens yesterday after finally making it work.

Psycho Sonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HESA1 said:
Question.

I have downloaded game PAL. My Wii is PAL also 4.1E WiiKey2. Disc asks for an update. Is it safe to run it?

Jesus christ, no. You must be new to wii homebrew. The rule: Never, ever ever ever^50 update via game.

There are two fixes to keep games from asking you this. Install Starfall (or an equivalent mod) on your wii, or download WiU 1.1 and use it to patch your ISO before it's burned/copied to your harddrive.

As for the game:
Confirmed to work on 3.2U with Neogamma r7 (does not work on r8), 38rev14. Anyone know how to load it on Preloader? I still get "Disc cannot be read", even though I have "force console region 1" (yes i have tried both numbers), and I've installed ios 56 rev 14 (for gh5). I've tried running off of several menu ios's, none are doing it.

HESA1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm ot so very new. I know that you can't update if game let's say is NTSC and console is PAL, but my console is PAL and the game is PAL. If I Brickblock then I'm getting black screen.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Games works fine for me with no special settings!!
smile.gif

I had a virgin UK PAL wii and originally followed this guide successfuly on 3 different uk wii's (model:leh) (http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835 ------courtesy of Assassda!) to 4.1 & with Waninkoko's Rev 14 cIOS's and bootmii to boot2, nand backup's, and preloader and it worked fine for me on more or less on default settings without any messing around with hermess ios etc. It works fine from ios 249 using usbloader cfg & cios rev14.....have not tried in anything else yet as i'm still waiting for my guitar hero 3: Legends of rock & les paul guitar controller that i purchased bundled for £30 at the offer that hmv uk are still doing at the moment. A bargain & it saves paying 85 quid for a knofler bass or John lennon guitar & apparently works with every RB and GH game apart from rb1 and extras, unless rawk cd would help out in that matter i'm not sure! (Of course i'm going to buy the game when its released!!)

I have not installed any version of CIOSCORP to this day!!! Homebrew channel only for me, so i'm not sure you should start installing CIOSCORP unless YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! Only do if you need to and have followed more than one guide o gba temp

If you DO INSTALL IT & DO NOT NOT HAVE BOOTMII AS BOOT2 you may run into probs in the future and may even give yourself more chance of bricking your wii of your not 100% sure of what your doing. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED my fellow uk peop's!!

Just to set the record straight, im not knocking cioscorp stuff in any way as many people have it installed for their needs who normally know's why they are installing it in the first place and for whatever reason!!!

I'm just warning newbs who think they may need cioscorp to play when it when they may not as it worked perfectly on uk pal 4.1 with cIOS 14 and usb loader cfg.
Havn't tried it with neogamma or usb loader gx yet!

Also: for the people who are about to ask this question again: YES....YOU NEED A GUITAR,, OR MIC, or DRUMS to start the game!
WII CONTROLLERS DONT GET PAST THE OPTIONS MENU!!!!!

Guitar Hero / Rockband Compatibility:
hxxp://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/
hxxp://www.rockband.com/compatibility

All i need now is cheap drums & usb mic. Can anyone help me out with this if possible?
Also, can i use TWO of these les pauls to play both guitars at same time with this game?? or should i just get a wii guitar controller for a second guitar hero world tour guitar as it has a slider and will cover all bases??

cant wait to play it!!

biggrin.gif

EDIT: guitar hero 3: Legends of rock & les paul guitar controller now back to £69.99

shred6waves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if this is a n00b question, but last time i checked rev14 only supports microphones.....

what is the point of running rockband through a usb loader? (unless you dont have drums, then i can understand)

i use softchip ios37 rev7 on 232 and it works like a charm.... so is there drum support on usb loaders now?

i honestly dont know much about hermes cios'es so i dont know if they support drums

can someone fill me in?

ashashash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a LEGIT copy of PAL Beatles Rock band that won't run on my PAL 4.1E Wii.

If I try to start it up through the disc channel like normal it just gives me a black screen, turning off the preloader hacks shows me that the game wants to apply an update. I'm assuming it's not safe to apply this update even though he disc and my Wii are both PAL?

The only other things I've done to my system are patch IOS37 etc. so that I can use RawkSD, I launch a backup of RB2 through MrKinators channel launcher.

What do I need to do to get my disc working?

HESA1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Usually it should be safe to update if game and console has the same region. I know some persons with 4.0E ran the update and after that game functions, and after update still 4.0E. So I'm not sure what this update does??? I'm runing 4.1E and asked the same question about runing the update, but it seems that no one here knows either.

FSSimon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Man, so eager to play this. The concept was a fantasy of mine every since playing GH1. Been salivating since it was announced last year.
Now I have my pre-order at amazon.ca but the delivery date is sept 18-24!

Went to check at the local Walmart store and all they was the so-called "value bundle" at 169$. Looked like a basically repackaged RockBand1.

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shred6waves said:
sorry if this is a n00b question, but last time i checked rev14 only supports microphones.....

what is the point of running rockband through a usb loader? (unless you dont have drums, then i can understand)

i use softchip ios37 rev7 on 232 and it works like a charm.... so is there drum support on usb loaders now?

i honestly dont know much about hermes cios'es so i dont know if they support drums

can someone fill me in?

yes, if you read the thread you'll find out the answers to your questions. as an experiment I tried a usb loader (for the first time) with an external usb hard drive.... using uloader 2.8d

it works with drums etc using that technique. playing from disc only gives me generic mic and gh guitar compatibility. so for the time being, if you want drums in beatles, you MUST use a usb loader (in my case uloader 2.8d which is brilliant, I'm never going back, it frickin rips original game dvds too and works with tons of hard drives and supports beatles rock band with 002 fix and usb rockband instruments)

Tubcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just an FYI - I have Wiikey2 in an NTSC Wii 4.1u and this Beatles PAL release works immediately with no problems or updates needed. I do not have any softmods installed.

I did get prompted for an update from Guitar Hero 5, but it was an NTSC disk and the updates work fine. Don't know enough about the system, so I don't know if this update had any effect on the Beatles game.

Not sure if this helps anyone, but thought I would add it. It is an awesome game/documentary. Hardmod FTW!

HESA1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes GH5 update has effect on RB Beatles. If you ran update from GH5 then Beatles will not prompt you to run update and vice versa.

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
any idea what that update does? is it safe on soft modded wiis (many updates are, some aren't)?

Posts merged

ps, my beatles never prompted me to update anything, and I do'nt have gh5 yet. it just worked, so I guess the update is available elsewhere too... somewhere that I've updated in the past (likely with a manual install of an ios)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge