Wii #1224 - Sonic and the Black Knight (USA)

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Very much likely that it´s Multi like the other Sega games
smile.gif

Sir_Shaggy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IGN gives it a 3.9 / 10, praising the game's visuals and the overall presentation, but also stating that the gameplay was "broken" and citing the controls as "unresponsive".

This is the fourth Sonic game for the Wii, and all of them suck (5 if you include the summer olympics game). Dear Sega, I hope Sonic dies in a fire!

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^WTF U talkin bout?
Secret Rings was pretty amazing. I felt it was the best since SA2.
Especially when you get the final upgrades and go like mach - 3.
But this game sucks :/

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on Sega take him back to 2D! I think the problem has been that Sega don't give Sonic Team enough time to develop games, either that or they still can't get over losing their core members.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
SEGA needs a dose of "Capcom" and release the next Sonic with 2D visuals. Even better, make it blocky and stuff. These gimmicks are boring and pathetic (werewolf, sword-wielding hedgehog, and a main character who is an animal is partnered with a human being)

Gosh...

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno. I liked Secret Rings, and Unleashed, so I might like this. I am not passing judgement until I try it myself. It was really funny reading the IGN message board for their review of Black Knight. Out of the hundreds of comments, I am sure that

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir_Shaggy said:
IGN gives it a 3.9 / 10, praising the game's visuals and the overall presentation, but also stating that the gameplay was "broken" and citing the controls as "unresponsive".

This is the fourth Sonic game for the Wii, and all of them suck (5 if you include the summer olympics game). Dear Sega, I hope Sonic dies in a fire!
You do realize that IGN can't do math right? And that review was rushed with lots of mistakes?

QUOTE(Joey Ravn @ Mar 4 2009, 05:08 PM) What's that "Sonic Storybook Series" thingy at the corner of the cover?
It's a side series in the Sonic games that, as of now, consist of Sonic & the Secret Rings and Sonic & the Black Knight

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought this one could be fun, because SatSR was IMO really nice with some problems and the day-stages in SU were just pure awesomeness... But after seeing those reviewscores it probably istn`t.

But I`m still gonna try it, because it is somehow very popular to bash Sonic-games and I found the last ones really entertaining
tongue.gif

But hopefully SEGA at some point will be generous enough to let SonicTeam make a game without stretching it with useless add-ons like they did with NiGHTS and SU, since those two games were just amazing in their respective core-gameplay!
I recommend anybody, who don`t want to torture himself through the kids-levels in NiGHTS and the Werehog-levels in SU to get themself a savestate, because as stated before the core-gameplay is really great, even if it shouldn`t be that way and I am sorry for anybody who has to buy the game to find that out...

Splashman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
shadowboy said:
Secret Rings was pretty amazing. I felt it was the best since SA2.
Especially when you get the final upgrades and go like mach - 3.
Secret Rings was pretty fun when it worked... but often it didn't, because of shoddy stage and control design. Like when you were going too fast and jumping didn't get you over a random platform, which ultimately led you to a swift fall into death. Being stuck in a dead end and fiddling around with Sonic's "reverse gear" also was what killed the game for me.

Still have to try out this one, but my expectations for it are lower than 0 Kelvin.. in hell!

cocomonk22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the Sonic equivalent of the Shadow game...
sleep.gif

It would be nice if Sega would take Sonic back to 2D. Once systems went 3D, it seems most everyone gave up on 2D gaming, even though 2D never reached its full potential, and 3D won't either for a long time.

Splashman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
cocomonk22 said:
It would be nice if Sega would take Sonic back to 2D.
* Sonic Rush
* Sonic Rush Adventure
* 2D sections in Sonic Unleashed daytime stages

But unless it's a potential downloadable title, Sonic will probably never be full 2D on a console again...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Splashman said:
cocomonk22 said:
It would be nice if Sega would take Sonic back to 2D.
* Sonic Rush
* Sonic Rush Adventure
* 2D sections in Sonic Unleashed daytime stages

But unless it's a potential downloadable title, Sonic will probably never be full 2D on a console again...

i think sonic unleashed daytime levels will be the closest we ever get to a decent sonic game at present, sad really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...