Wii #0815 - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Europe)

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it didnt ask for any update for me (the last one i did was smash bros lol) the graphic look like gta: sa lol and imo the gameplay is really weird and i dont really like the duel cause i dont get how to use all the powers correctly o.0 ....but you start as dark vader
biggrin.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Finally played it.. the controls are good once you get used to it.. moving stuff should be done with movement sensing instead of the analog stick IMO, would be more intuitive.. but you get used to it after some time.. throwing people around and choking them is awesome!

It's cool how you can interact with almost everything in the scene, graphics are ok but could've been better.. also, the story is nice and gives you a good excuse to just kill everything that moves!

My only complain is that the Versus Mode works only with a second player localy.. WiFi might be asking too much, but why not a CPU versus at least!? Maybe an "Arcade Mode".. that would be good.. at least the Clone Wars game will fill this gap..

Other than that.. great game!

Bi99uy

Trophies
XP
Country
Horrible, Horrible game compared to the 360/PS3 versions. The Motion Controls are pretty much what i expected, one giant clusterfuck. For Example, when using Choke, you press Z and then hold the nunchuck upside down. Wtf?! THe Physics are not by far as fun as the Big Brothers versions and you are limited by some stupid things like you can move objects in an Z X scale, by oh no if you want to move in Y scale, you can´t do that.
The Camera is pretty shitty and fucks up in tight corners and i can swear that they use the same models and textures on the PSP version. They look nearly identical besides the framedips and lower resolution on the PSP version.

If you don´t have any of the "Big Boys" platform to play the game on, this is the best version of all the four (PSP, DS, PS2, Wii ) but if you have the possibilty, for the love of god play the 360 / PS3 version.

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Bi99uy said:
when using Choke, you press Z and then hold the nunchuck upside down. Wtf?!

Well, a better way to do that would be to squeeze the nunchuck, but unfortunately the Wii can't recognize that yet
tongue.gif

Bi99uy said:
THe Physics are not by far as fun as the Big Brothers versions and you are limited by some stupid things like you can move objects in an Z X scale, by oh no if you want to move in Y scale, you can´t do that.
Yes you can, just move the nunchuck up and down.. took me some time to learn that
sleep.gif

Bi99uy said:
The Camera is pretty shitty and fucks up in tight corners and i can swear that they use the same models and textures on the PSP version.

You can rotate the camera pressing left and right on the D-Pad, also, you can lock on your enemies pressing down and reset it with up..

edit:
QUOTE(jalaneme @ Sep 14 2008, 04:35 PM) QUOTE(Bi99uy @ Sep 14 2008, 06:54 PM)
For Example, when using Choke, you press Z and then hold the nunchuck upside down.

erm, you press C on the nunchuck to choke and that's it, you flick the nunchuck downwards if you want to use the force to throw things.

You played only the first level didn't you?
For some bizarre reason, that's how you choke with Darth Vader, but once you get the apprentice C throws lightning and Z + turning the nunchuck chokes
tongue.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just don't compare it. Of course the physics and graphics are far better on PS3/Xbox360. But so what.
On the Wii itself, this is a very decent and fun game.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
You played only the first level didn't you?
For some bizarre reason, that's how you choke with Darth Vader, but once you get the apprentice C throws lightning and Z + turning the nunchuck chokes
tongue.gif

thats silly then, why do they make you turn the nunchuck upside down? :S

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Once you get used to it.. throwing stuff around gets really fun, hehe..

Also, the music in this game is fantastic, it's as good as any Star Wars movie
biggrin.gif

On the other hand, the actor that does the Apprentice's voice is as bad as Hayden Christensen on Episode III.. well, kinda fits the lack of emotion that the 3D model has
tongue.gif

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
Bi99uy said:
THe Physics are not by far as fun as the Big Brothers versions and you are limited by some stupid things like you can move objects in an Z X scale, by oh no if you want to move in Y scale, you can´t do that.

lol @ you
to move the object left or right, u use left/right on the analog stick of the nunchuck
to move the object up and down , u tilt the nunchuck up or down.
to move the object closer and farther, u press up/down on the analog stick of the nunchuk.

they never really explained it, but it should be easy enough to figure out.

Yugge

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I hated the game first time I played it, then I thought, WTH, why not try the tutorial on, and see if you know, they tell you how to actually do the commands right and what do you know, now I love the game and can do all the commands without trouble.

Bi99uy

Trophies
XP
Country
paOol said:
Bi99uy said:

lol @ you
to move the object left or right, u use left/right on the analog stick of the nunchuck
to move the object closer and farther, u press up/down on the analog stick of the nunchuk.

I can´t for the love of god move anything in the Y scale. When i tilt it, nothing happens. If i but a little more force behind it, the item that im holding slams into the ground / Ceiling. I played through the PSP / PS3 version instead as i didn´t have to constantly get cramps due to the annoying camera. And who was the genius that thought tilting and pressing A would be a good combination to block incoming attacks?

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Bi99uy said:
paOol said:
Bi99uy said:

lol @ you

I can´t for the love of god move anything in the Y scale. When i tilt it, nothing happens. If i but a little more force behind it, the item that im holding slams into the ground / Ceiling. I played through the PSP / PS3 version instead as i didn´t have to constantly get cramps due to the annoying camera. And who was the genius that thought tilting and pressing A would be a good combination to block incoming attacks?

You don't need to press nothing to block.. it's automatic.. are you really trying!?
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F