Wii #0358 - Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles (USA)

killer23d

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great game, the "Mansion" in the RE Zero looks like House of the Dead in some way.

Even I don't have a Zapper, I used the Zapper control mode because I like to balance out the controls. I just don't like the granade because I ALWAYS press Z and B together in dangerous situation.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
IGN review for Heroes 2 says that Zapper is completely pointless so i doubt ill be getting one any time soon....

BTW offtopic but where is Heroes 2 and Prostreet releases
frown.gif

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27764.html
Game Trailers gave this a good score.
"Fans of the series will love it as its basicly a love letter from capcom to them"
May not have actors for the movie sequences, and uh, didnt wesker used to have a beard or something? Maybe Im missing something.

Still, I have to buy this. O-o
I hope Wii rail shooters become a continuing trend.

Heres hoping Battle Clash gets not only a VC port but a full out Wii remake.

Luksy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game is decidedly average in my book. Admittedly I haven't played past the first chapter but it's just so anchingly slow compared to most other modern shooters, hell even shooters from 10-12 years ago, and using the wiimote pointer is just too laggy and imprecise compared to a normal lightgun. On the other hand the story element is of course excellent and there's loads of fan service so I'll be playing it to death anyway, but as a shooter it falls far short of the mark IMHO.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really like this game. Only played a few chapters but I am quite liking the tension.
I was kind of disappointed about all those long walking sequences with seemingly nothing to do, until I realised you're supposed to be inspecting your surroundings for secrets/ammo/health. So now those long walks are actually quite helpful.

kogepan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dang! i just burnt the game and i cant run it. It gave me a jap Message. I need some help here, I have a Jap Wii i ran regionfrii and brickblocker. Does this game need to run with 1.9g wiikey? Cause i havent updated my chip yet. Or did i do something wrong with that region patching? Do i set it to Jap? or Pal?

thanks!
wtf.gif

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ghost squad has much more responsive controls than this, but I'm fan of RE so I MUST finish this game;)
@kogepan: If you have jap wii, then set region to jap!!

Biduleman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Great game, much better than I thought it would be and there's loads of suspense sometimes to lol, I've only played it a bit though. I'll be inviting one of my mate's around to play co-op, looks pretty awesome, since my sister's too scared to play it...XD

Anyway, off topic what happened to Medal of Honor H2? I'd expect that to be dumped early seeing as this was.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dang!  i just burnt the game and i cant run it.  It gave me a jap Message.  I need some help here, I have a Jap Wii i ran regionfrii and brickblocker.  Does this game need to run with 1.9g wiikey?  Cause i havent updated my chip yet.  Or did i do something wrong with that region patching?  Do i set it to Jap?  or Pal?

thanks! 
wtf.gif

From the previous posts I believe this game detects what type of Wii system files you have and changes the text accordingly. So if you are playing on a NTSC-JAP machine you are going to get Japanese text and regionfrii and brickblocker won't have any effect on that. Am I understanding this correctly? Is this the first Wii game that does this or have there been others?

You should have region free turned on via the WiiKey setup disc. Try running a clean/unpatched iso and you shouldn't get an error message.

*Nevermind*, the JAP version is out now, so go grab it.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I burnt this as a clean iso, no brickblocker needed since there's no update in the game, and it works fine on my pal wiikey 1.9b.

the game is fun if a little repetitive, good fun in two player mode. The reloading is very slow and doesn't register well, you have to wave your wiimote a good few times in wild moves to get the wiimote to register as a shake for reloading, the reticule is a tad big and clumsy looking, and they could have put in a sensitivity option to make the reticule move faster around the screen.

worth grabbing, I wouldn't pay full price for a game like this as the replay value is rather limited though. it would do well as a budget to mid-budget title.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...