Wii #0355 - Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (Europe)

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So this isn't worth getting then seems to be general flavour of the comments. Is it really that bad, the first one wasn't too bad and was actually fun at times

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I guess it depends on what you are expecting. If you want more of the same, it sounds like a good choice. If you were disappointed by the first, this game probably doesn't much to change it. The only other relevant thing I picked up is that it sounds more multiplayer centered. Depends on your situation whether that's a good thing I guess.
Who cares about graphics? :-/

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I picked the original one up on launch and enjoyed it. As people are saying, the second one is just more minigames but tweaked. So there's no more pointless single player hub in that arena and no story at all now, just a streamlined pack of minigames. It's playable solo but a whole lot more fun as a multiplayer party game. Personally I'd get it just for more rabbids, those bunnies are hilarious
biggrin.gif

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well... If you can name a brick and mortar retailer in any of the states that has new PAL compatible TV sets or monitors for sale, let me know.

Most newer TVs should work fine. My old RCA CRT display goes B&W with PAL hardware, but my new Samsung LCD HDTV works fine with it.

If the telly supports 480p then it doesn't matter - PAL or NTSC. If it doesn't support 480p, get a VGA adaptor and use your computer's monitor.

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hows the game play? I was a huge fan of 1 and I'm looking to grab 2 (will the Us version anyway).

I heard its supposed to have more mini games and a longer story mode.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't that bad - I was only playing single player and tried a few of the games.

First one I tried was 'are we there yet' which is similar to the shut the toilet doors game in RRR1 - except this time you have a load of unruly rabbits acting like children in the car and you have to slap them to keep them quiet.... Control was a bit hit and miss as you slap with the nunchuck.

Other games vary between the good and the mediocre, graphics are okay - nothing special.

The 3d shootout was good though a little long.

All in all it's a worthwhile game, just not as good as the first one (in my opinion)

Multiplayer may be a whole different kettle of fish.

somon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The one was funny. We can't compare this with the second. This game is just awesome. I don't often laugh in front of a screen, but when u play this game you can't do something else
rofl2.gif

Only one BIG thing to blame: WHY DID NOT THEY MADE IT ONLINE?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm disappointed with the shooting game.

The movie background is really a good idea, but I found the gun a little slow to react, shoot or recharge. so when on Rayman1 you could recharge fully in one time, now it takes time to put each ammunition one by one so rabbids have time to shot at you while recharging
frown.gif

And I don't like A to recharge, move Nunchuk was good
tongue.gif

No more HP, no more gun on screen :/

The Music game I got was good, and pretty long
smile.gif

Graphically, There's nothing extraordinary.

There's no more savegame preference (only 1 save), and you put your name only if you are in the score.
The Wifi let you put your name on internet if you are on the 3 best ranked.

Edit :

There's no more score goal, you play, even bad, and you pass the stage :/
the score is only after you finished the 6 round and no need to have a highscore to win, it's only your rank.

Edit2 :
Finally the game is even shorter than Rayman1.
I played it, finished it, no more need to beat my own score as there are no minimum score.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm dissapointed with the whole game. The minigames are fun but I think there's no real goal. Score is the only thing that matters here. So when you're with friends this might be fun, but when you play alone it really gets boring after a while.

Without being a very harsh critic I really think this game deserves a 6 out of 10. There's NOTHING really new compared to the first game. It has even less in termas of gameplay. This is not at all a Rayman game. This is a Rabbid mini game collection.

finite

Trophies
XP
Country
Quite a disappointment. Some improvements in some areas, but also some backward steps.. ultimately it seems a shallower gaming experience than the previous game. The music section was better broken into chunks as before and the shooting without analyzing it too much just isn't as much fun. Which is a pity as it was the best part of the game.

eternity575

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
@Serpent01
first, you must read the rules..
second if youll look for it, you will find it..
now about the game.. like someone already said.. this thing is HILARIOUS!
I mean, how can you stay serious even when the countdown begins, and instead of 3,2,1 you get the bunny screams... eiiii,ooohhh,,ahhh!!

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
NTSC scene for wii release is really slow , pla games are often coming earlier ( rayman raving rabbids 2 was suppose to come in europe in 2 weeks , and the ntsc version is suppose to come in 3 days ) . There is even 4 ntsc wii games ( not execeelent games but indeed )Â wich has been out in store since 1-2 weeks wich are not yet on the net , what is the prob with ntsc wii release ?
Those games are : Hooked ( released in pal under the name of big cash fishing ) , high school musical , disney enchanted tales , elevator action .

What about "My Word Coach"? I was am actually really looking forward to that one. Isn't it already supposed to bout?

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I gonna buy this as soon it comes out here :-)
I did not like the way multiplayer worked on part one. It was some lengthy process to start something multiplayer...few people want to wait on a party.
It was even better playing in one player mode and let everyone play for one turn.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does it work on NTSC?!
Does it work on NTSC?!
Does it work on NTSC?!
Does it work on NTSC?!Does it work on NTSC?!
Does it work on NTSC?!

How do you guys like it for once!
tongue.gif
I sure bet its annoying eh...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: