Wii #0341 - Guitar Hero III (USA)

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So it works on PAL and no crappy updates? I'm quite sure i'll grab this one just to see how it works with the wiimote and I may later buy a guitar from ebay or something

AxaliaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you guys think that they'll be selling those guitars without the game?

If there's two-player/co-operative play, then yes, since the game comes with only 1 G'wii'-tar
great. but those guitars will most likely to be almost as expensive as the bundle. :A

€ 69,99 in a dutch online store, but those prices are usually standard in every store.

€ 99,99 for game+guitar, so you still save 30 euros. Which translates to a lot of DVDr's
wink.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to alert everyone, the mono sound isn't the ONLY issue with the game. The other issue(if you care about it) is the missing option on multiplayer to allow you to play coop. So the only way to play coop is to do coop career or to play online. On the 360 version there was an update on release to fix this issue, but the PS2, Wii, and probably even the PS3(I don't know if they get game updates/fixes online, and if they do if it's received it) still suffer from this.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to alert everyone, the mono sound isn't the ONLY issue with the game. The other issue(if you care about it) is the missing option on multiplayer to allow you to play coop. So the only way to play coop is to do coop career or to play online. On the 360 version there was an update on release to fix this issue, but the PS2, Wii, and probably even the PS3(I don't know if they get game updates/fixes online, and if they do if it's received it) still suffer from this.
Oh this version can goto hell then. Picking up the 360 one instead.

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Amazing. For a game that popular and recent to come out with bugs that huge, on a system that does not handle updates (yet?), is unbelivable.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmmm...looks promising although its only mono, anyone know a good online shop that I can import just the guitar from that ships to UK?

Reepa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The development of GHIII was taken over by activision this time, it sure shows
tongue.gif

Hopefully the european release (23rd nov) will have these bugs ironed out.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The guitar isn't available anywhere as a standalone.

As for the sound, stereo works fine if you set your Wii to that, but DPL gives you sound in mono.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And as for development by Activision/ Neversoft showing, I agree. I mean, just look at the Guitar Hero website, that now has leaderboards, 'tour groups' (aka clans), etc, which is something that Neversoft has done for their online games since the original Tony Hawk for the DS.

wink.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
So... Can anyone with the game report how it plays without the guitar?

Is it so bad you'd recommend not to even bother?

I can tell you that any Guitar Hero game without a guitar is like... well.. Guitar Hero without a guitar
tongue.gif

Believe me, using a wiimote takes away every aspect of fun that there is in Guitar Hero... Oh and don't expect to do half of the songs in hard with a Wiimote... and don't even attempt expert
lecture.gif

*sigh* I'm still waiting for my GH3 PS3 bundle to arrive... hopefully this week!

For now I'll play this with the wiimote
tongue.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Still.. no one answers.. How the game works with the Wii remote!?
I don't have a Wii, can't test it.. just curious :/

would kinda cool if you had to use the Wiimote as the guitar neck and swing the nunchuck as if it was a pick XP

edit: Oh.. it's really is played like this.. looks fun! Haven't seen yee_tsou's post
tongue.gif

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, it really isn't played like that with the Wii remote. That's using GlovePIE to play with the PC clone Frets on Fire.

My download hasn't finished yet and my real copy won't be here until tomorrow, but the buttons are as follows:

B: Green
Right, Red
A, Yellow
1, Blue
2, Orange,
Shake remote, Whammy
Up, Star Power

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.