Why would I use emunand?

l7777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do have years of practice with soldering. Not everybody has that.

Also, I don't even know where to start. Nintendo uses proprietary screws on the Switch instead of some screws like Phillips or flat-head, so that's another thing. You not only need to know soldering, but also:
- Know where to get the proprietary screwdriver.
- Know where does the chip go.
- Know what to solder so you don't hard-brick your console.
- Know how to re-assemble it after the job is done.

You make it sound easy, while it's not.
The level of difficulty is likely in-between what the two of us represent. I would say knowledge is 15% and is readily available, skill is 15% and can be learned relatively quickly, and having the right tools is 70%. There are detailed videos for all the different style chips. OLED is by far the hardest, then I would say the lite, and the standard switch is a breeze. I'm pretty sure with the right tools someone new to soldering could do a standard switch after watching some videos on circuit board repair and practicing a few times on an old circuit board. That said, you're right if one doesn't take their time and be careful they can cause some problems. Even I was guilty of that.
What kind of services are there in my country? I'm not located in the US, and all repair shops do not do that.
Look for cell phone or laptop repair places and ask if they do component level repair. If they're at all competent you should be able to point them to the install videos, provide them with parts and a switch to install them into.

Last edited by l7777,
Reactions: impeeza

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@kidkat210 @l7777 I'd suggest you save your energy instead of engaging with Ondrashek as it is nigh impossible to reason with him. If it isn't the modchip being too expensive, it is the need to solder being unjust. Or needing to find someone willing to solder being too hard. Or unpatched units being too costly. Or any of these things not being on Amazon with Paypal protection, a 10-year warranty, includes free express shipping and a happy ending.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@kidkat210 @l7777 I'd suggest you save your energy instead of engaging with Ondrashek as it is nigh impossible to reason with him. If it isn't the modchip being too expensive, it is the need to solder being unjust. Or needing to find someone willing to solder being too hard. Or unpatched units being too costly. Or any of these things not being on Amazon with Paypal protection, a 10-year warranty, includes free express shipping and a happy ending.
I'm getting the feeling that essentially, if it ain't a software hack, they think it's impossible and aren't willing to budge

l7777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, realized that after seeing his other post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning