Gaming Why Wont Some games start ?

Daisuke9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello once i completed theSoftMOD of my Wii everything seems to be working just fine.
Well almost fine.
there are a few games [backups] that i have even tried a different source, burned a few times over, just to be sure. But they just wont start. I screen flash's color as it always does just before they start then the screen jumps to this message

Code:
An error has occurred
Press the Eject Button , remove the 
Game Disc and turn off the Power Off 
to the consule. Please read the Wii 
Operations Manuel for further intsruction

the games this happens on include Conduit, traansformers -revenge of the fallen and Brothers In Arms: Double Time. some old and some new releases as you can see.
the original of transformers-RotF needed "Skip update check" to work on the disc channel which is fixed.

Has anyone gotten this message before?
If Did you get it resolved?
Thanks for the help everyone.
Daisuke

Daisuke9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rikels said:
please tell us what games, so we can see if it maybe has the need of some ios patching before burning.

Hi you might have missed this in my initial post of this topic.
QUOTEthe games this happens on include Conduit, traansformers -revenge of the fallen and Brothers In Arms: Double Time.

But to add one i did not mention yet is Ghostbusters. it gos as far as the creen turns green and thats it.

to further this along i had tried to load a backup which i knew would not work but i wanted to see what IT WOULD DO and thats Wii Sports Resort.
Actually this backup gave the same response as the ones im having trouble with. but it included a little more.
The Font was smaller so there was room for one more sentance to the message. "Error 002"

Question does the message im getting for the backups with trouble mean its a error 002? I dont know. but its worth investigating.

Thanks for the help
Daisuke

Daisuke9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blooddrake said:
maybe you did a bad burn

No i dont think its a bad burn. as i stated above in my first post
QUOTE"i have even tried a different source, burned a few times over, just to be sure. "

rikels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
aah, sorry i think my short term memory is dammaged
tongue.gif

check this out: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v3

press ctrl+F , then type: conduit and press enter. you can then see you have to burn at 1 speed O_0 (yes it's slow but looks like it helps...)
and you can also see that you have to install the ios 60 and the 002 fix.

do the same for all other games... before you burn always check the wiki
biggrin.gif

greets, Rikels

Daisuke9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rikels said:
aah, sorry i think my short term memory is dammaged
tongue.gif

check this out: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v3

press ctrl+F , then type: conduit and press enter. you can then see you have to burn at 1 speed O_0 (yes it's slow but looks like it helps...)
and you can also see that you have to install the ios 60 and the 002 fix.

do the same for all other games... before you burn always check the wiki
biggrin.gif

greets, Rikels

Yes i can burn at 1x i use imgburn. it seems that there are few applications that will do the slow slow speeds now. Anyay on we go. i know i do have IOS60 but the 002 fix hmm i doubt i have that just yet. i think i need to install the latest [cIOSr13a] IOS38R13a as well as neogamma to get that done. i updated to the latest cIOS or thought i had wheb=n it ran IOSpatcher36.

Im getting serious conflicts when i read about which is the actual cIOS that needs tbe used IOS36 or IOS38 im going to start athead to ask about it from the masses cause it's been holding me back fromompleting what im trying to do. i have had some sound help from solid people but i have not gotten a answer just yet about the differences.

i iwll start the 1x speed burn and look up the rest on Wiki . this all started just a few short weeks ago. i understand my way on this thing im using now. once i get the 1's and 0's figured out on the Wii i should be moving forward much faster.
Yhanks for the Help
Daisuke

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
dont listen to him he is wrong.
burn at highest speed, some of your errors are bad burns, make a new disc and if that fails re-download the file from somewhere else as it is bad/corrupted and try again. sorted.
blue screen, green screen, black screen, pink screen are region and screen resolution problems. try changing settings for each game in the loader ie force console default video mode, change video mode to force pal/ force ntsc, change from 50hz to 60hz etc.
error 002 are ios issues, you should update through nintendo to get all ios as you are missing some.

basically update through ninty for newest ios, google ios 60/61 patcher and install with hbc, get a loader (neogamma for discs keep pressing 1 button after selecting start to bring up config menu to change settings) (beardface's coverfloader for usb hdd bottom left button for config settings) and your flying again

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
also i am on CIOS rev 10, that works with ALL games (only problem is with rock band instruments but guitar hero ones work fine) cios rev 11 + are buggy. install rev 10 and wait patiently for rev 14 due out soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44