Misc Why won't it work for me????

The Executor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, a couple of months ago ds wifi was working fine and then i quit using wifi until now. Then it tried it a few minutes ago and i typed in the WEP key i did everything and then i tapped on test connection. it failed! (also got new laptop a few months ago which uses wifi for internet, could be a problem?) my modem is NETGEAR is it because i got a modem which only allows one device to use wifi or what??? can anyone help here.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
both of you: put the Ds in the dhcp list in the router
what it does is that it give the ds its own unique ip address so it wont conflict with other devices connected to the router

what's a DHCP?
QUOTE said:
Short for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, a protocol for assigning dynamic IP addresses to devices on a network. With dynamic addressing, a device can have a different IP address every time it connects to the network. In some systems, the device's IP address can even change while it is still connected. DHCP also supports a mix of static and dynamic IP addresses.
Dynamic addressing simplifies network administration because the software keeps track of IP addresses rather than requiring an administrator to manage the task. This means that a new computer can be added to a network without the hassle of manually assigning it a unique IP address. Many ISPs use dynamic IP addressing for dial-up users.

The Executor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ahh... solved the problem very easily before it was saying my settings were invalid but when i tried doing it with manual setup, TA-DA it works!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.