why this second rate card works so well

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by zjam, Aug 11, 2009.

Aug 11, 2009
  1. zjam
    OP

Newcomer zjam Advanced Member

United States
    first of all i'm a reader not a poster. i'm old(43) so i don't know much. the point is that i saw a review by a kid a few weeks ago. that kids head blew off after his review was criticized. the truth is that the dstt community has made this second rate card extremely stable and up to date. thanks to all of you who have help those of us who read these posts. my kids (all 4 of them) and i really appreciate all your work and tinkering so we can enjoy the latest games and homebrews. i've been able to fix every problem i've ever encountered thanks to you guys.

2. benjaminlibl

Member benjaminlibl Funky Member

Singapore
    That's because we have the unofficial firmware. The official firmware hasn't been updated in more than half a year. If there were no more unofficial releases, the DSTT would fail, horribly.

3. zjam
    OP

United States
    that's my point. i'd name names of the people here who have been so helpful but i'm afraid i'd leave someone out. the unofficial is constantly updated by these guys and that's all that matters.

4. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    perhaps you should of made a blogpost? otherwise, such a nice post+person you are [​IMG]

5. The_JetSetBeat

Member The_JetSetBeat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Contradiction? He made no contradiction. He said that the DS community made this card extremely stable and up to date and that he's been able to fix every problem thanks to you guys (us being part of the DS community he already mentioned). I'd say that he's well aware that the DSTT is supported unofficially, what with him mentioning the DS community in the first place and saying that's where the card's strength lies. He doesn't seem confused AT ALL over who has made the card worth owning.

6. zjam
    OP

United States
    ahhh the jet set beat gets it. i was just trying to say thanks to you all.

7. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    zjam, thanks for the post! I got it!

-Bri