Hacking Why not we try build the loader+bluetooth audio adapter using micro-bit ?

HheuerZzhang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We already able to build the in-case dongle, by using Trinket M0.
And NS short on BT adapter for wireless speaker/headphone, there are some typeC BT adpter available on amazon/ebay, request for 20+ $.
With less money, we should able to build our own loader+bluetooth monolithic PCB solution, be modify the micro-bit form BBC.

The technical spec listed below, i am a newbie, not able to finish the work, but I do pretty sure this is a good idea.

43 mm × 52 mm PCB, includes:
Nordic nRF51822 – 16 MHz 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 microcontroller, 256 KB flash memory, 16 KB static ram, 2.4 GHz Bluetooth low energy wireless networking. The ARM core has the capability to switch between 16 MHz or 32.768 kHz.
NXP/Freescale KL26Z – 48 MHz ARM Cortex-M0+ core microcontroller, that includes a full-speed USB 2.0 On-The-Go (OTG) controller, used as a communication interface between USB and main Nordic microcontroller. This device also performs the voltage regulation from the USB supply (4.5-5.25V) down to the nominal 3.3 volts used by the rest of the PCB. When running on batteries this regulator is not used.
NXP/Freescale MMA8652 – 3-axis accelerometer sensor via I²C-bus.
NXP/Freescale MAG3110 – 3-axis magnetometer sensor via I²C-bus (to act as a compass and metal detector).[10]
MicroUSB connector, battery connector, 23-pin edge connector.
Display consisting of 25 LEDs in a 5×5 array.
Three tactile push buttons (two for user, one for reset).

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds nice. I’d love to get wireless headphones through Bluetooth. I’m using that bt transmitter plugged in. Now I’m wired AND wireless. Ha!
Really though, wouldn’t a driver be needed in the os?

HheuerZzhang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if we soldering and mount the micro-bit pcb inside ,by remove some connectors/button(too thick).
it's no difference than the typeC plug-in BT adaptor.

I can post a link here ......

HheuerZzhang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone can give me a guidance or some useful comments ?
I order the micro:bit, bluetooth dongle and other staffs, from ebay, trying to build a prototype with TypeC plug, if get work, then I will move it inside.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o