OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Curious about it. What is the major difference from old machine that cause LU64+ brick if downgrade? Is it caused by new hardware that only new IOS/SysMenu workable? Or caused by some software component?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah yes. I remeber that Nintendo updated all IOSs to a very high version number with one update. That was probably preperation for this.
Just make starlets so that they don't take old IOSs.

I guess that's why cIOS rev11 is based of the newest version of IOS36.
biggrin.gif

But couldn't you downgrade by running an old System Menu on the newest version of it's IOS? (for example running System Menu 3.2 on the newest version of IOS30)

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be possible to do that but it would require one to repatch the trucha signing bug into the latest IOS's and installing them on the fly. It will likely happen soon enough.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slowking said:
But couldn't you downgrade by running an old System Menu on the newest version of it's IOS? (for example running System Menu 3.2 on the newest version of IOS30)
the newest version of ios30 can't be used to run a system menu. it doesn't work.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it known why it doesn't work?

Oh well I guess it doesn't really matter. 4.0 is the System Menu of choice anyway by now.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about patching the 3.2 system menu wad, to run off the newest IOS36 or the CIOS rev11 Just throwing ideas out there you know, doesn't really matter anyways, 4.0 is pretty good now anyways

edit: Well Softmii 3.0 already got it, Well thats good

pcfree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
If this is the case, then it won't be any possibility to downgrade LU64+ except installing patched 3.2. I like SysMenu4.0 too, but I have another question that w/o downgrade, current AnyRegionChanger won't work to switch region and I can not change new 3.4J (new version like LU64+) to 3.2U and then 4.0U, right? So I need new version of ARC to directly switch new 3.4J to 3.4U or 4.0U?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a new idea. Is it possible to directly switch region from non-downgradable 3.4J to 4.0U by the following steps?
1. run HBC to load modded WAD Manager that would return to HBC but not SysMenu while exiting.
2. install IOS60 wad and SM4.0U wad than exit to HBC.
3. load ARC to change SYSCONF to US, then reboot.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
same as psp, new hardware made to not be able to use old software ie old IOS which is what ou need to run a downgraded system on

Do you (or anyone else) have a verifiable source for this info? Where is the info regarding the "new hardware" (what is it, when did it start in production, etc...)?

Or is this just speculation?

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
We have a source.

Why isn't anybody giving out any information about this issue? This has been going on for a long time and no one seems to be saying anything! What is being protected? There is no information (that I can find) publicly available about the cause of the LU64+ issue or how the fix works. I don't understand why this is not being shared, if this is supposed to be a hacking "community". Even Team Twiizers has shared most of their information (obviously not all, but if you look around you can find info on all of their early hacks etc...). This doesn't seem like an area where there needs to be any secrecy.

It doesn't make the SoftMii team look any more "elite" or "capable" when they just say "we have sources" or "we have a fix...wait for it". There are plenty of people out there (myself included) who just like to know how things work and will always share information with others. The true spirit of hacking has always been to share information.

Hell I don't even OWN an "unsoftmoddable" Wii. I just like to understand as much as I can.

Sorry for the rant.

frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: