Why Language can't changed by RegionFour

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by bahamut17, May 8, 2015.

1. bahamut17
    OP

bahamut17 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2015
    Thailand
    My console is New 3ds LL(JAPAN) FW 9.7, I used sky3ds run exploit RegionFour for played US & EUR version. But some games in USA Version or EUR (Multi Language Version) ex. Mario paper , Mario & Luigi Dream , Luigi mansion run in sky3ds cartridge i start games but It's show Japanese language Only. How to fix it.

2. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    I think there no way to fix yet, you could ask smea for doing an language selection before loading the game ... but is how it works: it bypass the region lock but the game on the console language if there's a option

3. Artemis-kun

Artemis-kun Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2015
    Canada
    Toronto, ON
    As stated, since regionfour doesn't change your console's actual region, and thus the language your console is in, then certain games (the ones the OP mentioned) will only display in the system's language, regardless of region unlocking. The only way around this for these games, from the information I've gathered in the short while I've joined this scene, is to region change your console. My only guesses as to why this happens in this way comes out to 2 scenarios: either at one point, Nintendo toyed with the idea of removing the 3ds region lock, and so making these games' language change based on system language made sense, or it was a way for them to further lock down the regions, for such a case as the region unlocking that is currently going on. Purely conjecture, but either scenario makes sense to me, and personally, my money is on the latter scenario, given the specific titles that same to suffer from this.