Why Homebrew Broswer doesn't work...

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by nooby89, Aug 20, 2015.

1. nooby89
    OP

nooby89 A normal member with a stupid alias

Aug 18, 2015
    Canada
    In the version 2.0 of the homebrew loader (ninjhax...), the Homebrew Broswer is empty, no homebrew are listed...
    Someone a solution, or is it just the application that is old ???

2. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    On your SD card, the path to the homebrew should be something like:

/3ds/<name of application>/<name of application>.3dsx

For example:
    /3ds/CHMM/CHMM.3dsx

3. nooby89
    OP

Aug 18, 2015
    Canada
    Yes it's : /3ds/homebrew-browser/homebrew-browser.3dsx + homebrew-browser.smdh
    After i load the homebrew from my 3DS, and nothing appears in the homebrew shop...
    Like this :

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      83.9 KB
      Views:
  4. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Oh, I misunderstood you. I thought you were posting about the Homebrew Loader. Yeah, that application has probably been abandoned and the service down. Unless you want to set up your own server and compile a new version with your server, it's worthless.

5. nooby89
    OP

Aug 18, 2015
    Canada
    An alternative exist ???
    Like Download Mii (service down too)

6. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Actually, I just looked up Homebrew Browser on Github and it looks like it still sees some activity: https://github.com/zeta0134/3ds-homebrew-browser
    Probably just doesn't have the server ready or something. Either way, homebrew "markets" like that rarely last more than a few months. I'd recommend just getting used to manually managing homebrew yourself. I use FTProny to easily manage what's on my 3DS's SD card. It's not bad, it's mostly just drag and drop. You generally don't have to patch anything or any other preparations.

7. nooby89
    OP

Aug 18, 2015
    Canada
    The only Homebrew market not down like that is the Homebrew Broswer on the Wii...
    I think I should try to make my own Homebrew Shop, it's a good challenge !!!
    But, i'm novice, i should try to coding à little game before... Like, Pong or whatever ;)
    Thanks for the answear ;)

8. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Keep in mind you'd have to not only keep a server running, but you'll have to keep the applications you're hosting up to date. That's why they usually fall apart after a while. Some will still run as a forgotten host, but will have horribly outdated applications.