Hardware Why HDMI turn off?

Rambytes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Little question about the HDMI port of the WiiU. Why each time I turn on my WiiU my television detect a "new" hdmi input and ask me to switch?

All my other device, when I turn on these device my television never ask me if I want to switch to the HDMI port of the device, only the WiiU.

In the list of my "connected" device, if the WiiU is off, it's like the WiiU disconnect the HDMI, so it become unavailable on the TV.

So, there is a way to always keep the HDMI when I turn off the WiiU?

Rambytes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes I have the latest one....

I know if I unplug the HDMI cable from any device, and I connect again, the TV detect a new input and ask to switch to this port. But my PVR, my PC and my Western Digital Live Player never do this when I turn on the device, only the WiiU.

Hard to explain because my english is not my native language, but hope you understand.

Rambytes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think that the wiiu shutdown completly the hdmi port, so when I turn on the WiiU, it's like a new connection for the TV and that's why my Tv ask me to switch to this port.

That's what i'm thinking...

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I would say that's perfectly normal behaviour from the WiiU and all your other devices are behaving out of the norm. Seems to me like your other devices are still powered, even though they are switched off. That's a waste of energy, in my honest opinion.

Rambytes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Agree with that... I've just found few second ago that my WD Tv Live Player is off, but the "optical" output still on!!! WTF?!?!?!?

It's like the WiiU is the only one that shutdown ALL the component to save energy!

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would say that's perfectly normal behaviour from the WiiU and all your other devices are behaving out of the norm. Seems to me like your other devices are still powered, even though they are switched off. That's a waste of energy, in my honest opinion.

Most HDMI output devices don't turn off completely because some HDMI display devices cannot automatically redo HDMI handshake without a hard reset. In that case that'll result a black screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans