ROM Hack Question Why have a fake Linked Nintendo Account on hacked switch?

PikachuPro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seeing a lot of methods for getting a fake linked nintendo account and how there's always a lot of work involved.

I like playing locally with friends but I don't even know what games would ever need a 'linked' account.
But if any do require one, i rather do the work upfront while I'm setting up my emummc.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As said above, some titles require a Nintendo linked account. That's all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there any current guide/advice for the most recent method?
To setup a linked account, do the following:
  1. Backup any important save files using Checkpoint if you've already been using an unlinked account
  2. Use Kefir Updater to create a fake linked account (this will delete all save files for that account if you're converting an unlinked account)
  3. Restore the important save files using Checkpoint

udo4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any current guide/advice for the most recent method?
use Kefir, a homebrew that puts i a linked account. Before you do this, make sure to back up all your saves!!!! They will be gone when you install the linked account from Kefir. You can then change the name icon and reinstall all your saves after you get the account on your switch.

Disclaimer: to get any previous saves back you will first need to install the game in question, run it once (just the nintendo logo or boot screen of the game is enough you don't need to get the title screen or anything) and then press the home butto. Then use "checkpoint" homebrew to get the save for that game installed... It should work. Trying to do it without starting the game first will not work.

Last edited by udo4ever,

PikachuPro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much, I try to learn on my own but having it answered so concisely with the current method literally saves me hours of work and stress

Reactions: Godofcheese

udo4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As said above, some titles require a Nintendo linked account. That's all.

To setup a linked account, do the following:
  1. Backup any important save files using Checkpoint if you've already been using an unlinked account
  2. Use Kefir Updater to create a fake linked account (this will delete all save files for that account if you're converting an unlinked account)
  3. Restore the important save files using Checkpoint
what Lacius said... didn't see he replied before me. Just be sure to run the game first then use checkpoint to reinstall the saves.

Thank you so much, I try to learn on my own but having it answered so concisely with the current method literally saves me hours of work and stress
your welcome :D and a very merry Christmas to all my friends hohohohohohohoh!

Reactions: PikachuPro

PikachuPro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what Lacius said... didn't see he replied before me. Just be sure to run the game first then use checkpoint to reinstall the saves.

your welcome :D and a very merry Christmas to all my friends hohohohohohohoh!

Oh yea, I was tickled to get a reply from a legend, but your advice is equally as valuable, I wasn't sure about needing to open the games first, thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer