OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, torrents and firewalls are complicated/serious business. Earlier this week, I got my Broadband back but now it's Satellite Broadband, 100% Wireless. I set up my Forwarding/Static IP as usual for torrents, I get the Green Okay light from uTorrent and proceed to download away.

But now it seems the thing just randomly decides to give the green, or red light. Right now it's red. I haven't changed anything, I haven't touched anything. It just turned red. The port test is saying that the port is not open, but it very obviously is (I just checked.) What the hell is going on now? Why does nothing work with me?

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Just face it man....you're your own computers biatch
rofl2.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
But now it seems the thing just randomly decides to give the green, or red light.
By "decides", do you mean when you first open uTorrent, or does it jump between lights while running?

Also, forgive me if this sounds a little silly but if the computer is being turned off in the middle then have you checked that the router is actually assigning your machine the static IP you're expecting? (the one you're forwarding to). I'm just asking in case it assigns IP's based on who connects first, so sometimes other computers in your house get given the IP address you're expecting to have. That would explain why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Guess its been out on PC for a year. Was up for some indie awards.