Why Does September Have 30 Days

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Computerphile? Sexually attracted to electronics? :rofl2:

[you hear suction and buzzing sounds from computer run "Toys" in the background as I log-in] Huh? :huh::blush:

Last edited by AncientBoi,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is the real question you should ask yourself OP

Why is September the ninth month when it has the number seven in it (Sept means seven)
Why is October the tenth month when it has the number eigth in it (Octo means eigth)
Why is November the eleventh month when it has the number nine in it (Nova means nine)
Why is December the twelvth month when it has the number ten in it (Deca means ten)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here is the real question you should ask yourself OP

Why is September the ninth month when it has the number seven in it (Sept means seven)
Why is October the tenth month when it has the number eigth in it (Octo means eigth)
Why is November the eleventh month when it has the number nine in it (Nova means nine)
Why is December the twelvth month when it has the number ten in it (Deca means ten)
dueb0qfowby31.jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Computerphile? Sexually attracted to electronics? :rofl2:
Phile as a suffix goes back a lot further and has a lot more. Paraphilias are the sexual attraction thing using the same root (Australians in the audience say hah) word.

Bibliophile (fondness for books). Audiophile (fondness for audio equipment). Cinephile (fondness for cinema). Thermophile (more scientific, usually used in discussing bacteria)
Granted there is the truly disgusting francophile which is fondness for all things French... a more pitiful creature I can not imagine.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Phile as a suffix goes back a lot further and has a lot more. Paraphilias are the sexual attraction thing using the same root (Australians in the audience say hah) word.

Bibliophile (fondness for books). Audiophile (fondness for audio equipment). Cinephile (fondness for cinema). Thermophile (more scientific, usually used in discussing bacteria)
Granted there is the truly disgusting francophile which is fondness for all things French... a more pitiful creature I can not imagine.
Interesting. Never knew it had different meanings before the one we know.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Anglophile? :tpi:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anglophile? :tpi:
They do exist. Much like Japanophile tends to be weaboo on the modern internet then Anglophile might be better served for Teaboo.
There is also a whole ?boo universe but you can discover the wehraboo on your own time.
"Why Does September Have 30 Days"

Because you touch yourself at night
Now I understand the wake me up when September ends thing.

• Haha
Reactions: x65943

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
peek-aboo? :tpi:
There are people that rank all manner of chemicals and materials.

To that end there may well be someone that favours Polyether ether ketone (PEEK) to the point of questioning by outsiders. I am more of PMMA man myself but it is the application that ultimately determines the material for me.
https://www.professionalplastics.com/ACRONYMS if you wanted more.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't speak French, but the internets tell me that Aout is derived from the Latin word august, and doesn't mention any connection to the number eight besides the month itself 🤷
Fair enough. I was more focused on the pronunciation side of things than the actual (or derived) meaning of these words, as i noticed pronunciation of "Aout" (pronounced as "oot") is close to "huit" (pronounced as "weet") /or eight in English, and i thought it was it.

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum