Hardware Why does my 3DS do this?

jastolze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I was playing Pokemon Platinum on my 3ds via Supercard DSTwo, and I noticed that whenever I placed my 3DS on my new PC in a certain position, it went into standby mode, only the 3DS wasn't shut it was still playing that game, and whenever I took it off the PC, the game would start up again. Another notable thing that happened was that the blue light slowly went off as it was sitting on my laptop. Here's a video of what happened:

PS: I apologize if this is in the wrong thread...

Reactions: Lucifer666

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is so ****ing cool, holy crap

Sorry bud I can't say I know what's going on but my best bet is that it's something to do with a magnetic field surfacing from the corner of your laptop which somehow signals do your 3DS that it's in sleep mode

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is it only if you place it on your laptop? because the it is probably the magnetic field from the laptop (as standby mode is activated by magnets i thought), this happens also if you place an open 3ds on a closed 3ds i thought.

to check simple: check if a ballpointer spring or a pennie is attracted to that place of the laptop.

sedatbjk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
normally both nds and 3ds uses right speaker's magnet as trigger for magnetic sensor which is around middle of buttons (x,y,a,b). that magnetic sensor triggers the standby mode. most notebook pc's also uses the same magnetic sensor and magnet couples. you can also try it with a magnet too.

Reactions: SmileCitrus
D

Deleted-355425

Magnet in laptop speaker is doing what the console should do when triggered

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b