1. Stwert

Stwert GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom

It’s a subject that will rage on forever no doubt. I don’t think it can be justified for anyone but I know first-hand how it feels when your a one-man development team and there are a couple hundred thousand more people playing your game, than there are bought it.

But I’ve never bothered trying to prevent it, the way I see it, those people would never have bought the game anyway. That’s generally how it goes.

depaul likes this.
  2. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    It's a fallacy IMHO. That's how everyone is convincing themselves it's ok to pirate.

People wanting to play a game should naturally pay for it or else leave it alone, unless developers accept to work full-time without a salary!

A simple example out of my head : When you buy a car (the console), you need to pay for an annual insurance (the software).
    Do you drive without insurance saying "I wasn't going to drive anyway?!!"

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  3. TastyPa1n

TastyPa1n Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I buy games to support the developers and pay them respect for the games, also buying games means that you will have latest updated

Brizas99, depaul and DANTENDO like this.
  4. Brizas99

Brizas99 Member
    Newcomer

Lithuania
    Exactly, it takes a lot of effort to develop a game from scratch and it's essential to support developers.

5. Boesy

Boesy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've been gaming on PS2 and 3DS both consoles which I just downloaded the games and stored in a USB/SD, just so much more convenient.

I have been buying games although it's usually go resell them.

6. Boesy

Boesy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The only way to support developers is if the customer buys directly through a retailer or a digital store, otherwise they don't get anything from the marketplace sellers.

I currently live in two countries where they used the PAL system and I hate that the PAL versions were generally slower, so I refuse to buy old PAL games unless they have a resale value.

Example of a game being allowed down:

7. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Erm...is this a joke post? PAL 50 has been discontinued since the dreamcast days (so basically last century). If that's your excuse not to buy games, then you're seriously reaching for straws.

depaul likes this.
  8. AlbertoGreen

AlbertoGreen Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    To Support Devs obviously. You should support them as they work hard to create a single game.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - games,