Hacking Why do some plugins only work on N3DS's?

mmerc10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a modded O3DS XL and have done several things on it, like getting NTR CFW. Apparently, some plugins like "ultraSuMoFramework" seem to only work for New 3DS's. I've been looking around on the internet for answers to why some plugins only work on New 3DS's, and I got nothing but wasted time. I know there is "CTRPF", which makes it compatible with O3DS's, but that doesn't like to work with my 3DS, and that doesn't answer my question. Can anyone explain to me why exactly some plugins only work on N3DS's?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a modded O3DS XL and have done several things on it, like getting NTR CFW. Apparently, some plugins like "ultraSuMoFramework" seem to only work for New 3DS's. I've been looking around on the internet for answers to why some plugins only work on New 3DS's, and I got nothing but wasted time. I know there is "CTRPF", which makes it compatible with O3DS's, but that doesn't like to work with my 3DS, and that doesn't answer my question. Can anyone explain to me why exactly some plugins only work on N3DS's?
not 100% sure but I would assume it has to do with the more powerful hardware

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible, but isn't a plugin just two screens and codes?
not exactly its essentially like running a game mod that has to always be running in the background which takes more power from the system which certain games on the o3ds/o2ds pretty much use all of it with none left one of the things is the newer models have a much faster clock speed

mmerc10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so is my 3ds a plugin?
No, since the 3DS doesn't come with codes to cheat in your games. I don't think Nintendo would do that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

not exactly its essentially like running a game mod that has to always be running in the background which takes more power from the system which certain games on the o3ds/o2ds pretty much use all of it with none left one of the things is the newer models have a much faster clock speed
That makes a lot more sense. I see your point.

Reactions: NoNAND

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
try to use NTR CFW mode3. some games require more ram and reboot old 3ds's on a special mode that wipes normal NTR CFW

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, since the 3DS doesn't come with codes to cheat in your games. I don't think Nintendo would do that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That makes a lot more sense. I see your point.
though if you ever get a new model I would sugged the new2dsxl over the new3dsxl only difference is the 3ds has the 3d switch and its like another $50

mmerc10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
though if you ever get a new model I would sugged the new2dsxl over the new3dsxl only difference is the 3ds has the 3d switch and its like another $50
I'm definitely not getting another 3DS anytime soon. (Unless the one I have breaks, which It's doing a decent job at)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
No, it is because CTRPF based plugins are not compatible with memory mode 3 as they use too much RAM because of the framework (or at least it wasn't the last time I checked). While the n3ds has a similar mode (memory mode 7) nothing uses it which is why it doesn't have the problem.

Last edited by nl255,
Reactions: VzUh

mmerc10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it is because CTRPF based plugins are not compatible with memory mode 3 as they use too much RAM because of the framework. While the n3ds has a similar mode (memory mode 7) nothing uses it which is why it doesn't have the problem.
It's not really CTRPF based, there's just a second version that's for CTRPF. The original was for NTR CFW, and anything else that specifically used .plg files instead of .plg and .txt files.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not really CTRPF based, there's just a second version that's for CTRPF. The original was for NTR CFW, and anything else that specifically used .plg files instead of .plg and .txt files.

But the more general answer is that plugins have to be below a certain size to work in mode 3 and some are too big.

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No, it is because CTRPF based plugins are not compatible with memory mode 3 as they use too much RAM because of the framework (or at least it wasn't the last time I checked). While the n3ds has a similar mode (memory mode 7) nothing uses it which is why it doesn't have the problem.
interesting, never heard of mode7 before

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche