Hacking Why do some games require updates even if they were optional before?

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Basically, some games like Splatoon 2 and Donkey Kong didn't require the update to play the game, it was optional, both of them were NSPs. I had saved a copy of the file on my PC, and then transfered it over to my MICRO SD CARD. Well, a few months later I found out my Micro SD card was a fake, and so Amazon sent me a replacement. When I recopied it from my PC to my NEW micro sd card, the SAME EXACT FILE, now both of those games are unplayable without an update. I'm on 5.0.1 on Switch, and 1.9 on SX OS. I didn't update any firmwares during the switch, and then this happened! Any explanation?

D

Deleted User

Updates are only required after you delete/archive the game. Playing on a older update is impossible unless you have devmenu

Reactions: sorabora

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
That means you updated the game at some point. Once a game has an update installed it will no longer work without that update.
Can confirm I’ve NEVER attempted to update a SINGLE game, nor even add any form of DLC so far. I only keep the base game on my SD card

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Updates are only required after you delete/archive the game. Playing on a older update is impossible unless you have devmenu
When i switches micro sd cards, I had to re-install all of my previous games, but how come only half of them are asking for updates?

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
When i switches micro sd cards, I had to re-install all of my previous games, but how come only half of them are asking for updates?

When you go online the system checks for updates. Once it knows you will be prompted to update before playing (it's optional btw).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: