TEMPORARY MODE ENABLED
New posts, edits, and any changes will not be saved during the transition period.
Registrations are temporarily disabled until the migration is complete.

1. NathanBrown

OP NathanBrown GBAtemp Regular

India
    Basically, some games like Splatoon 2 and Donkey Kong didn't require the update to play the game, it was optional, both of them were NSPs. I had saved a copy of the file on my PC, and then transfered it over to my MICRO SD CARD. Well, a few months later I found out my Micro SD card was a fake, and so Amazon sent me a replacement. When I recopied it from my PC to my NEW micro sd card, the SAME EXACT FILE, now both of those games are unplayable without an update. I'm on 5.0.1 on Switch, and 1.9 on SX OS. I didn't update any firmwares during the switch, and then this happened! Any explanation?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Updates are only required after you delete/archive the game. Playing on a older update is impossible unless you have devmenu

sorabora likes this.
  3. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

United States
    That means you updated the game at some point. Once a game has an update installed it will no longer work without that update.

4. NathanBrown

OP NathanBrown GBAtemp Regular

India
    Can confirm I’ve NEVER attempted to update a SINGLE game, nor even add any form of DLC so far. I only keep the base game on my SD card

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

When i switches micro sd cards, I had to re-install all of my previous games, but how come only half of them are asking for updates?

5. smf

smf GBAtemp Guru

United Kingdom
    Are you connected online?

6. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Mali
    When you go online the system checks for updates. Once it knows you will be prompted to update before playing (it's optional btw).

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - optional, updates, require