Why do so many people hate Windows 10?

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone that wants to move beyond 7 and needs to stay in MS ecosphere for some reason I recommend looking in to Windows10 LTSB/Nick named Windows 9 by the community.

You get a Win10 kernel, no automatic updates (no updates outside of essential security) and no telemetry. It is a revision that was designed for ATM's and nuclear subs basically anything that needed to remain closed off and secure.

Reactions: goldensun87

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why should windoze 10 users have to go through the trouble of disabling Microsoft's 'spying' when you could use another OS, like Windows 7 or Linux, where you don't have to go through that bullshit. It is true Microshit is spying on you, and has been confirmed a lot. A lot of Win10 users are just blinded away from Microsofts ways, and you shouldn't keep having to use a 3rd party program or edit the registry which is unneeded in some other Operating Systems.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Anbox already adds native android app support on Linux, and it's not shitty virtual box emulation like WINE is.
How is Wine anything like Virtual Box? It translates the Windows API calls from the Windows applications into POSIX calls on the fly.

The reason Anbox already works so well is because Android uses the Linux kernel to begin with and thus no sys call translation is needed.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why should windoze 10 users have to go through the trouble of disabling Microsoft's 'spying' when you could use another OS, like Windows 7 or Linux, where you don't have to go through that bullshit. It is true Microshit is spying on you, and has been confirmed a lot. A lot of Win10 users are just blinded away from Microsofts ways, and you shouldn't keep having to use a 3rd party program or edit the registry which is unneeded in some other Operating Systems.
Windows 7 spies on you just as much - Have you ever looked at the crash reporter reports?
And Linux can have spyware too: https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/ubuntu-spyware.en.html

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If anything, I'd better trust Microsoft with my data then anyone else - Hell, I use OneDrive and Outlook.com. Microsoft is not some tech upstart, they are THE Tech company. 90% of all people on the internet use their products. Consequently, they have some very high standards they have to uphold. They will not be storing your personal information, only basic information about your PC. Is your life going to end if everyone knows somebody has an up-to-date HP with 8GB of ram? I don't think so.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You shouldn't even have to do that...
You don't.

Have any of you that are so hoity toity about Microsoft "Spying" on you ever bothered to figure out what, exactly, Microsoft is gathering? It's not like they have a private investigation following you around and rifling through your mail.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/no-microsoft-is-not-spying-on-you-with-windows-10/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So Red Hat is just some tech upstart in your book?
Go hit the street and ask random people if they ever used a computer with Red Hat. Hell, I don't know if anyone here does either, all the vocal linux guys seem to have their own preferred Distro.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

- New Start Menu. Even I hate this (not necessarily that it's bad) so I use StartisBack. There are many good and free alternatives.
- Settings "replacing" Control Panel. Yes many of the stuff is in the new Settings app but all the stuff I care about are in Control Panel. E.g. Uninstalling programs, power settings, etc.
Untitled.png

All part of the Creator's update.

Remember, Windows 10 is constantly improving. Things are getting better and better over time.

D

Deleted User

I've had constant internet issues with it, and random complete crashing when using a few programs. Other than that it's fine and I'd be willing to use it as a main OS if I had to. I just prefer Linux because of how easy it is to customise, the way the terminal works, etc.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is Wine anything like Virtual Box? It translates the Windows API calls from the Windows applications into POSIX calls on the fly.

The reason Anbox already works so well is because Android uses the Linux kernel to begin with and thus no sys call translation is needed.

You're more knowledgeable in that regard than I would be, I haven't messed around with WINE since XP days and the results were less than favorable.

I wasn't speaking directly to how WINE functions. I was speaking in generalities to the ways people run Win apps on LINUX which when I would do it was you either used WINE or a Virtual box.

Have any of you that are so hoity toity about Microsoft "Spying" on you ever bothered to figure out what, exactly, Microsoft is gathering? It's not like they have a private investigation following you around and rifling through your mail.

It's not about the "what" it is about the why.

Microsoft's entire philosophy is incrementally diminishing consumer control of their own hardware so they can monetize native features of hardware.

Microsoft left unchecked would have your computer as locked down as an XBONE monetize and swipe your credit card as a micro-transaction every time you opened your browser or word pad.

Last edited by jimbo13,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899

lostboysteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind it, but it is one big giant advertisement. I can't imagine trying to run it on anything with less than 4g of ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Deleted User

lostboysteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Windows 10 Spying Edition (the only edition)
2. Forced Updates (especially at the beginning)
3. Messed up settings/control panel
4. For some, how Win 10 handles DNS-es (ask all major VPN providers)

Hahahaha it really is.

D

Deleted User

I don't mind it, but it is one big giant advertisement. I can't imagine trying to run it on anything with less than 4g of ram.

I actually ran Windows 10 on a computer with 2GB of RAM before Cortana was available. It was kinda slow, but not unusable. Now it would probably be pretty hard to run it on a computer with 2GB of RAM because of Cortana, though.

lostboysteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually ran Windows 10 on a computer with 2GB of RAM before Cortana was available. It was kinda slow, but not unusable. Now it would probably be pretty hard to run it on a computer with 2GB of RAM because of Cortana, though.

My work pc has 4g and it almost can't stream certain videos and I know it relies on the video card a lot, but it worked great before the update.

On another note, syfy's streaming service is a joke.

Reactions: Deleted User

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course nobody off the street would, it's an exclusively enterprise-class operating system!
Exactly. If it never existed the vast majority of people would not notice any difference. Any RHEL system could be replaced by something radically different (like Windows Server) and most people would never notice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: