Hacking Why cant play certain games on OLD sky3ds?

alberto90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Guys,
I’d like to play Pokèmon Super Mystery Dungeon, LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakness, and the last Super Mario&Luigi Superstar game, in my old Sky3DS (blu button), but I can’t.
Template error message, and so on appear on the Writer app on my pc.
Why? The only solution is to buy sky3ds+? Theres no possibility to update my template file over october 2016 (last template i found on their site)? Please help me.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Buy your games or buy a R4 flashcart that support ntrboothax and install CFW and pirate all the games you wants.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
did you tried with other dumps? sure that are cart dumps, not cia to .3ds?
but I'm not sure about this actually :T I don't know much aboit sky XD
MY only (bad) experience was trying to get hyrle warriors and trifore heroes there but don't worked, wasn't mine so I cant use it much

Last edited by Sliter,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Last edited by dimmidice,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
I’d like to play Pokèmon Super Mystery Dungeon, LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakness, and the last Super Mario&Luigi Superstar game, in my old Sky3DS (blu button), but I can’t.
Why? The only solution is to buy sky3ds+? Theres no possibility to update my template file over october 2016 (last template i found on their site)? Please help me.
I remember seeing a way to update the template yourself in the forum but I'm not sure. Games with the latest AP won't work on the SKY3DS. That's why they made the SKY3DS+, to be able to update it when there is a new AP (and make more money of course).
If you have to buy something buy a compatible NTRBoot card and go the CFW route, it will be a lot cheaper.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi Guys,
Newer games don't work on red/blue button Sky3DS because of new AP.
That's probably why they haven't added a template entry for it.
Sky3DS+ doesn't use a template anymore and works with every game.
But I would recommend getting CFW instead. All you need to hack your 3DS (if it's on latest firmware) is a $20 flashcart: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
Much cheaper than buying a Sky3DS+, also the cart can be used to play the large library of great DS games.

alberto90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Newer games don't work on red/blue button Sky3DS because of new AP.
That's probably why they haven't added a template entry for it.
Sky3DS+ doesn't use a template anymore and works with every game.
But I would recommend getting CFW instead. All you need to hack your 3DS (if it's on latest firmware) is a $20 flashcart: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
Much cheaper than buying a Sky3DS+, also the cart can be used to play the large library of great DS games.
Thanks man! Just a last question before buying this new card. With this new exploit may I play all games online (for example Pokèmon batte) with out beenig banned from Nintendo??

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks man! Just a last question before buying this new card. With this new exploit may I play all games online (for example Pokèmon batte) with out beenig banned from Nintendo??
with any exploit even sky3ds, you have a chance of getting banned,
just being smart, disabling the recommended settings, not using hacked pokemon, and not playing games before release, in other worlds, using common sense is a great way to no be banned,

i have been using my 3ds since gateway was released, and it still hasnt been banned

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You're much less likely to be banned playing cia games online than the Sky3DS, since no header is required.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You're much less likely to be banned playing cia games online than the Sky3DS, since no header is required.
That's not known for sure, they can easily cross reference your currently playing game with your eShop purchase history if they want to.
A private header should be equally safe if not more.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not known for sure, they can easily cross reference your currently playing game with your eShop purchase history if they want to.
Well to be fair we don't know for sure what they can and can't see without options enabled or disabled on our end so I'd say it's a 50/50 chance either way you go.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
This has never been known to happen to date. Sure they might do it in the future, but that's not something worth making decisions based on.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This has never been known to happen to date. Sure they might do it in the future, but that's not something worth making decisions based on.
Similarly it's also not known whether they have a database of game headers and their corresponding game that they could use to ban. The only bans I've seen related to headers have been from people using Sky3DS' template.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello