Hacking Why cant i Play ps2ios in multiMAN ?

somewhereovertherainbow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I can run ps1,psp,ps3 without problem .
But when i tried to run a ps2iso from retro 'multiman' i come to xmb meny,
and then when i press playstation2 format disc my TV just goes ' out of signal '
and ive to remove/plug my powercable in order to Start my ps3 again ...

any thoughts ? :(

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last time I played ps2 games with multiman, I used something called ps2 placeholder. There may be other methods available now.

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where are you PS2 ISO's stored? They play internally, but compatibility is bad. I've had 100% compatibility from burned discs.

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last time I played ps2 games with multiman, I used something called ps2 placeholder. There may be other methods available now.

PS2 Placeholder is for PS2 Classics. I think the question is about how to play them from Cobra/Rogero CFW, which is the only other real option.

somewhereovertherainbow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the right place . dev_hdd0/ps2iso/ ...

I tried to install ps2 placeholder and activate reacPSN with rup file in exdata folder .

I did get a namechange, however in my ps2 placeholder - information There stand nothing under 'buyer' so I dont know if it activated or not ..

Im trying right now to do the ps2gui.. make iso.bin file.. then move it too :...
Upload the "ISO.BIN.ENC" via FTP / multiMAN to your PS3 at "/dev_hdd0/game/PS2U10000/USRDIR/"

Edit: also for some unknoiwn reason, when i ftp'd reactPSN to ps3, installed it , and then removed the pkg file from /dev_hdd0/pkg , i still have it in 'install packages' ... saying its some folder called app_home/ ...

I hope that file get removed otherwise idk :)

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS2 Placeholder is for PS2 Classics. I think the question is about how to play them from Cobra/Rogero CFW, which is the only other real option.

dunno, all I know is I put the ps2 iso either on a thumb stick or ext hdd and played, or did I have to transfer the ps2 iso to the internal hdd, it's been a while since I did that and I cannot quite remember..

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and then when i press playstation2 format disc my TV just goes ' out of signal '

Does your TV support 720p? Whenever I've played a PS2 game it's switched to that mode.

Granted, it would be odd that you hadn't run into issues before, since most PS3 games switch to 720p mode, but there if they fail 720p they drop down to 480p and still run, I don't know if PS2 games do that.

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dunno, all I know is I put the ps2 iso either on a thumb stick or ext hdd and played, or did I have to transfer the ps2 iso to the internal hdd, it's been a while since I did that and I cannot quite remember..

You copy them to the internal PS2ISO folder for Cobra or play them from disc. They won't play externally. Internal doesn't have great compatibility, even for my BC console.

At the right place . dev_hdd0/ps2iso/ ...

I tried to install ps2 placeholder and activate reacPSN with rup file in exdata folder .

I did get a namechange, however in my ps2 placeholder - information There stand nothing under 'buyer' so I dont know if it activated or not ..

Im trying right now to do the ps2gui.. make iso.bin file.. then move it too :...
Upload the "ISO.BIN.ENC" via FTP / multiMAN to your PS3 at "/dev_hdd0/game/PS2U10000/USRDIR/"

Edit: also for some unknoiwn reason, when i ftp'd reactPSN to ps3, installed it , and then removed the pkg file from /dev_hdd0/pkg , i still have it in 'install packages' ... saying its some folder called app_home/ ...

I hope that file get removed otherwise idk :)

app_home/ is where you launch PS3 titles from discless, after you've selected them from multiman.

All I did to play my PS2 iso's was copy them to the correct folder in the internal and launched them from XMB. I didn't take any extra steps, but like I said, compatibility isn't great from internal. Try playing the ones that won't work from a burned disc.

somewhereovertherainbow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah , even using placeholder my TV just go.. 'out of signal ' again , hmm .. whatever. I can prob play real ps2 classics

edit: no worries my (double) pkg files in install packages was automaticly removed when i shutdown/reboot ps3. .all good there :9 -

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You copy them to the internal PS2ISO folder for Cobra or play them from disc. They won't play externally. Internal doesn't have great compatibility, even for my BC console.

no cobra, just installed the ps2 placeholder and used multiman to play the iso, I think you are right about installing the iso to the internal hdd. As for compatibility, I only tried about half a dozen games and they worked fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple