Hacking Why cant ds flash cards run 3ds roms?

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well the real question is: Why they don't use the DS flashkarts to install the exploit and possibly a cfw on the SD card?

Answer: They won't make money that way...

PS: As always, thank you neimod and yellow8 for the "leak" of the exploit to Gateway, and not releasing it to the public. You are paragons of virtue, you definitely stopped piracy from happening...

LimeWan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure due to the responses this is blatant trolling. NO ONE can be that stupid
I honestly don't understand all of the 'mean' replies to the OP.

The obvious answer is that they are different cards, but what makes them different? That's exactly what OP is asking, and is a perfectly valid question.

If the limitation of the retail DS card was a maximum ROM size of 512 MB, why can't an SD card get around this?

Apparently you don't know the answer to OP's question either, because if you did, you wouldn't have called OP stupid for asking.

Also, how do the responses correlate to the validity of OP's question? OP is the troll because others don't want to help? Jeez.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he's asking why DS flash carts can't have a firmware update or BIOS flash to be convert it to a 3DS flash cart.

Doesn't seem like a terrible question to me, not enough for everyone to think OP is an idiot.

If he's asking that, he would've worded it that way. Stop reaching.

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Because the little plastic nob on the top of the 3DS cart won't allow it to fit in a DS slot. That's why. :lol:

img_0533.jpg

Your move.

Reactions: UltraMew

overdriver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna look at this seriously. let's see.

As the title says.
1. What actually prevents ds flash cards from playing 3ds roms?

2. Does the gateway 3ds have something that an R4I doesnt? I know ds cards only run in ds mode so thats a brick wall right there but speaking about the hardware in side the flash cards

3. is their anything technically thats preventing the r4i running 3ds roms?

Answer:
1. see answer #3
2. Yes.
3. Yes. it's big mistery but yes.

you are genius. you answered your own question. end of story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: