Gaming Why Are Phoenix Wright Games So Expensive?

ViRGE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently got a friend hooked on the Phoenix Wright series, so of course he's working on picking up the other two games. He's run into a snag though: PW2 and PW3 are ridiculously expensive. PW1 was easy enough to pick up locally at a good price, but no one has PW2 or PW3 in stock locally, and online prices are easily over the MSRP of the games when they were new (particularly for PW3).

I know the series is a bit of a cult classic, but certainly that doesn't explain why they're going for $50+? Is it that popular (and by extension: produced in such low quantities), or am I missing something here?

And on that note, is there anyplace to pick up PW3 for less than the GDP of a small 3rd world nation, or is my buddy going to be SOL?

kay_1050

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ViRGE said:
I recently got a friend hooked on the Phoenix Wright series, so of course he's working on picking up the other two games. He's run into a snag though: PW2 and PW3 are ridiculously expensive. PW1 was easy enough to pick up locally at a good price, but no one has PW2 or PW3 in stock locally, and online prices are easily over the MSRP of the games when they were new (particularly for PW3).

I know the series is a bit of a cult classic, but certainly that doesn't explain why they're going for $50+? Is it that popular (and by extension: produced in such low quantities), or am I missing something here?

And on that note, is there anyplace to pick up PW3 for less than the GDP of a small 3rd world nation, or is my buddy going to be SOL?

Buy the used one.The quality is not very good but it plays perfectly.The good side, more cheaper than the new one.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try Ebay - they have them quite cheap, like 17-30 dollars. And some sellers are willing to ship out of USA if you ask them personally.
wink.gif

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
emigre said:
Game is out of print and there's a demand hence making copies go up in price.

WHAT!? THE GAME IS OUT OF PRINT!?

Oh...my......gawd....

I'm sitting on a slightly-higher-than-normal mini-fortune. I have all of the original three carts, not for sale of course
/\_/\
|$. $|
>\ w /

ViRGE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to be clear here, I know it's out of print. The prices I'm talking about are used copies. Quite frankly used games aren't usually this expensive, so I was curious as to whether there was more to it.

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's out of print I think, but in the used section of Amazon, you can get them for 25$ (JFA) and 37$ (TaT)

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Israel011 said:
It's out of print I think, but in the used section of Amazon, you can get them for 25$ (JFA) and 37$ (TaT)

Still kinda sad that they are. I happen to think that the AA series are some of the best games, the first three being the best out of the series.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, but so far after a year of searching I found AA, JFA, T&T, and AAI all together in one Gamestop. Sadly, I didn't have the money. Oh well, I can get the first three on the Wii for $10 each. Though I really want all 5 DS ones (with cases).

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Whoever would pay 50 bucks right now for used AA (ANY game in the series) is an idiot.

Each game only runs 15-30 bucks, 50 is WAAAAY overpriced. They are ACTUALLY a lot cheaper than way back when...

the original run of AA was short; Capcm had no idea it would be so popular, at one time PWAA was going for 40 bucks. then they reprinted it at fans request, then one last itme with the Ghost Trick bundle.

In other words... for even a new SEALED copy of PWAA, you should only be paying 30 bucks max. Same for all the other games. As a matter of fact, the Exchange I go to has AJ for 30 new, MI for 20 new, and T&T for 20 new.

I don't know WHERE the hell you shop...

kay_1050

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for PW2 and PW3
Yes.They not on retail store anymore.i figured out that much when i bought PW this morning.

Trade zone maybe?

SaddQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had the first 4 AA games once, including the Japanese release of AA 1, 2 and 3, but sold them when I got a flashcart and DL'ed the proper European versions to it. Sold them for not too much money, I might add. Should have charged a hell lot more.

ViRGE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Schlupi said:
I don't know WHERE the hell you shop...
Apparently not the same place you do. None of the local shops here have it, and we've already been over the situation with online shops.

For those prices you could probably make a small fortune reselling those games on the internet.
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8