Who is right?

mwaddoups

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I need a reality check here - I'm going to this "game night" at a friend of a friends house - the hostess I don't really know, but I know pretty much everyone else whose going. We're all 17/18, and its a overnight thing. My parents are demanding that I get a home phone number and address from this girl I hardly know - am I right in thinking this is something of a stupid and annoying request? I need some sort of unbiased view as I could well be on the wrong side.

Thanks for any opinions.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah it's relatively reasonable. I mean, it's not like they're asking for a background check. They just want to be able to contact you should there be a problem. It's for their peace of mind and your safety, that's all.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree, while I never really had to tell my folks where I was going sine I was around 14 there ain't nothing wrong with concerned parents.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If your parents cared, they'd ask for the number and address. Like if you guys get trashed and drunk, they can send someone over to pick you up to avoid driving and then maybe killing yourselves. It all boils down to safety. /thumbs up.

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
Well it all depends on what age you are really. If you are also in this 17/18 age bracket then i think your parents should chill and let you take care of yourself a bit, this is how you learn from life. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for parents looking out for their kids but there comes a time to have a bit more freedom.
Also what's wrong with a mobile/cell phone if they want to contact you?

Turmoil

Trophies
Website
mos.net.au
XP
Country
Be greatful you have parents that care, many people don't. I'm sure they have done plenty for you so getting a phone number and address isn't asking too much IMO.

Do they ask for this all the times you are out, or is it just related to this party?
And yer no mobile phone? Maybe a good time to ask for one if you don't =D

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i'd say they should have the address but not the phone number. otherwise you'll get an embarrassing when are you coming home phone call. if you have a mobile phone they dont need her number.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: