Hardware Who Here Has Switch Joycon Drift?

Do you have joycon drift?

• Yes, I've gotten joycon drift

Votes: 68 67.3%
  • No, Never got joycon drift

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Joycon drift on multiple controllers.

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • Joycon drift again after repairs on same controller

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Was that with one of the unofficial replacement sticks, or was it a salvaged Nintendo one (AliExpress etc sell both).
Mine went through the Official Nintendo program, when they were offering the free repairs, ended up drifting after a year. My current sticks I did get them from aliexpress, same with the ones for my wife, and have been working fine for about 6-8 months.

Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mine went through the Official Nintendo program, when they were offering the free repairs, ended up drifting after a year. My current sticks I did get them from aliexpress, same with the ones for my wife, and have been working fine for about 6-8 months.
I get the feeling the unofficial ones are less likely to drift than the Nintendo ones, tho I'd be interested to hear if anyone has found otherwise.

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
If the replacements are the same basic construction as the originals I’d expect them to fail in the same way at some point.

I’ve had mine nearly since launch, the left one started drifting so I ordered replacements only for it to stop that day... and still hasn’t happened again weeks later.

I did buy one from eBay with severe drift but a couple of £ and 10 minutes later and it was fixed

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how are they handling it poorly?
you can't build such small controllers without increasing the occurrence of drift (because they lack the wiggleroom for deadzones and other ways to obfuscate it like on larger modules can)
they get replaced or repaired if within warranty and in the us, even beyond that.
it's circumvented in seconds with contact cleaner sprays and if that stops working eventually, replacements are comparably easy and cheap. and while i agree it would be better if that wasn't happening at all, there's not much you can do here. drift is an issue of modern controllers in general and unless input detection itself is somehow revolutionized, it's here to stay.

other than selling joycons with a little syringe with a few ml of contact cleaner, there truly isn't anything nintendo could do to address this more

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole reason contact spray stuff is even a thing is because these sticks internals are baffingly open rather than closed off. There's no reason they should be open for dust, sweat, and grime to get in yet here we are. Surely because Nintendo cheaped out and used existing parts rather than make their own, as the "knock-offs" ARE the original.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had joycon drift. However, I only use the joycons with odyssey. I did beat the crater with the pro controller though.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and my main issue is that i installed a customshell (backplate of the tablet and the joycons.....i cant send em in to repair because of the shells

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had joycon drift on both sticks, replaced both sticks, and my currently replaced sticks, the right one has a different kind of problem(stick click sensor is sensitive, constantly clicks right stick without input)

Rosalia_Rossellinni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This seems like the perfect place to ask, many have talked about the unofficial brands/bootleg versions being better. But, which are they? Any specific one that it turned really great? Changing the stick appears to be the best scenario, always.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joycon drift is such a big issue and Nintendo is handling it poorly.

How many of you here has joycon drift?
You can choose multiple options.
Never had drifting issues though I have had issues with them disconnecting unless they have exact line of sight to the console

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Does it count if I bought a used switch with a drift? I don't think I've used the joycons enough to get a drift on my joycons.

SG854

Hail Mary
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Look at the people that got joycon drift compared to people that didn't. That's ridiculous. Especially drift on multiple controllers. One of their worst designed controllers for durability.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of my 4 joycon, 1 of them has it, I've had 2 of them for nearly 4 years now, from launch date (its one of these 2 with the drift) and the other 2 are 2 and a half years old and have been fine so far. It is frustrating, but the one that has drift got it after about 3 years of use, I'm not really that annoyed by it, especially since it's rare that I need all 4 joy cons anyway, only got the second set for the few occasions when we've played 4 player Super Mario Party. But it certainly is a real issue all the same.

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
I must have jinxed it with my last post as the left one started drifting again yesterday, contact cleaner or compressed air didn't work, swapped out the joystick now and the aftermarket ones work fine if a little different feeling to the originals

atoxique

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Luckily my Switch (bought in April 2018) doesn't have Joy-Con drift but the only real reason for that is because I only ever use the console docked lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?