• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

panckage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The dock scratching is infuriating to me. Small rubber bumpers could have easily fixed this. It seems a really big obvious thing to miss....

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I hate the flaws, and my Switch is flawed indeed (slight bend, dust inside screen, the latter was like that out of the box and for all I know so was the bend)
But it's not noticeable during gameplay, it just triggers my OCPD.
I love the Switch though. The screen looks great, and games look great on it. Solid library, not a huge library so far but what's there is solid.
I have decided I probably won't send mine in for repair after all, unless the bend gets progressively worse. I've lived with it for this long.
  1. Why didn't you say so?
  2. If you're scratching your Switch with the dock, then you're doing something wrong.
  3. From a software perspective, the Switch is pretty secure. The people at NVIDIA are the ones who dropped the ball, and that flaw has no real-world consequences other than giving us Fusée Gelée.
  4. What other problems?
Actually there are people who have docks and/or consoles so bent that the console barely fits into the dock and they come like this out of the box. You can't say it's user error, sure maybe it is some of the time but these defects are extremely common.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Aside from hardware faults (bending, warping, cracking.) I can't fault the Switch for doing and being what it's advertised as. Some people dislike the "d-pad" and yadda yadda.. The pro controller d-pad is flawed, the joycons really aren't.. Unless you have a defective set.

Reactions: mmajunkie77

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The dock scratching is infuriating to me. Small rubber bumpers could have easily fixed this. It seems a really big obvious thing to miss....
Uhhh there are small rubber bumpers. The main problem with scratched switches is that certain docks are bent.

Reactions: Kioku

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There are quite a few things Nintendo could do to improve on the thing:
  1. Get rid of the lame left joycon buttons which act as a D-Pad
  2. A better (and more portable) stand. Something small enough so it doesn't touch the screen nor prevents proper ventilation to the system.
  3. No grips for the Joycons, and they are uncomfortable af. A trade-off not worth it imo just for out-of-the-box multiplayer.
  4. Perhaps a redesign of the console for people that don't give a fuck about split Joycon functionality. I would be all over that just to have proper comfort while playing as well as having a more decent grip on the system.
  5. Increase the size of the buttons and move the right analog stick so that the lower portion of the thumb doesn't hit the stick by mistake when trying to reach the ABXY buttons.
  6. THE FUCKING SIZE OF THE +/- BUTTONS FFS!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish there was some way to replace the switches dpad with the vita's, its like nintendo completely forgot what d-pad's were.

In addition, the plastic screen is garbage, stop being cheap and put glass. Poor ventilation in docked mode. Just regular button trigger and not proper ones.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate RCM. Being able to use homebrew to do everything Nintendo Online does and more. I also hate emulators. I hate being able to take old games with me. Homebrew is just for stupid hackers that want to not pay for online saving. Why don't they just pay.

ready for another memorable quote by me? I know I am :)

"Why are you on a console HACKING forum if you want to bitch bout console HACKING that is a very definition of a Troll

Thank you AND GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE

Reactions: chartube12

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually considered buying one of those mayflash adapters to use the wii u pro controller on the switch since the dpad on the switch's is awful. I have one of those adapters for the pc, and it works extremely well. I also have a spare wii u pro controller.

panckage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've actually considered buying one of those mayflash adapters to use the wii u pro controller on the switch since the dpad on the switch's is awful. I have one of those adapters for the pc, and it works extremely well. I also have a spare wii u pro controller.
I've been considering this too but for portable use the USB C connector is in the worst possible position. It is exactly where my clamp goes to hold on to the switch. I think I'm going to go with the switch pro controller and do the tape mod if needed

Reactions: godreborn

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree that the joycon dpad is no good. It’s by design, that way when you rotate the joycon, you don’t have 2 dpad on the left joycon (well, the analog stick and a dpad). Instead, when you rotate the joycon, the button layouts are the same (with the exception of -/+ and Home/screenshot buttons). The plastic screen bowing on the right hand side is a bit annoying, but not so much to care. I put a glass protector and now both sides are raised and I can’t tell much difference anymore.

Nomi20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ready for another memorable quote by me? I know I am :)

"Why are you on a console HACKING forum if you want to bitch bout console HACKING that is a very definition of a Troll

Thank you AND GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE
Huh, I guess people don't understand sarcasm.
I believe I actually said I was kidding.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been considering this too but for portable use the USB C connector is in the worst possible position. It is exactly where my clamp goes to hold on to the switch. I think I'm going to go with the switch pro controller and do the tape mod if needed

in some games, the dpad issue is very noticeable. I've encountered this scrolling through the menus in octopath traveler, but in something like tropical freeze, it's barely noticeable. I see that there's now a dongle for the switch/pc, and it works with several different controllers, not only the wii u pro controller. I think I read that it doesn't work with the original xbox one controller but does with an xbox one s controller or perhaps the firmware it mentioned fixes that. the one I own for the pc isn't the dongle one. the only problem is the absence of certain switch components such as the gyroscope. of course, I don't use the switch's pro controller for anything aside from just using a regular controller (mostly for 2d platformers). I find using the pro controller for anything other than that to be clumsy or not very responsive. that's when I use the joy cons.

ready4war

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta have to be detailed next time, thanks for telling me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.