OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the Vita TV Whitelist work with
downloaded games?
I've tried both Vita TV whitelister, and Moon Whitelister and I can not get my game to run.
I am trying to play Civilization Revolution 2. It is only available digitally, no retail.
I bought the PSTV primarily to play this game, is there anyway to get it to run?
Thanks for any help.

UPDATE:
I got it to work now. I used the new AntiBlacklist, thanks Rinnegatamante.
Worked perfectly and now I am enjoying a great game on the big screen.
In retrospect V2 probably would of worked if I would of had the instructions provided in the AntiBlacklist. Needed to power off PSTV remove memory card, power it up, let the game list refresh, power off again insert memory card and good to go.

Last edited by chadorob,

Test Track

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP, a few question for you if you don't mind answering:

1. Based on your description, have you already downloaded the game onto your memory card?
2. If so, did you transfer it from a PS3?

It's been really hard to get information on whether the whitelist hack allows you to queue previously incompatible PSN downloads from the webstore on a PSTV without the use of a PS3, so I'd just wanted to ask before I started messing around with my own unopened PSTV.

chadorob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had already downloaded the game.
I originally downloaded it on my Vita.
I used a PC to transfer from my Vita memory card to my PSTV memory card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can have both whitelist installed at the same time?
Yes.

Reactions: cvskid

Test Track

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many thanks for the response. The wording kinda threw me off since I thought you meant you didn't already have a Vita, haha.

Gonna be pretty nice to play Civ Rev 2 on your TV if you can get that worked out. Best of luck!

chadorob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many thanks for the response. The wording kinda threw me off since I thought you meant you didn't already have a Vita, haha.

Gonna be pretty nice to play Civ Rev 2 on your TV if you can get that worked out. Best of luck!
I hope it works. I first bought an Android TV to play it but the controls were awful. So when it came out on Vita I ran out and bought PSTV only to find out it didn't work. And of course I had updated before I found out about the old email whitelist.

Test Track

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it works. I first bought an Android TV to play it but the controls were awful. So when it came out on Vita I ran out and bought PSTV only to find out it didn't work. And of course I had updated before I found out about the old email whitelist.
If the development scene is able to progress enough, we might see folks finding a way to make it PSTV-compatible through modifications if the whitelist hacks don't work. HENKaku appears to be a kernel exploit, so we probably just have to wait and see how people are going to take advantage of that.

It'll probably be a long wait, though, so let's hope the game works after all of this, haha.

chadorob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope still no luck. I tried ver2 and all three ways to install whitelist. Same result. Thanks for all the responses. Maybe someone will come up with another way sometime in the future.

Test Track

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's unfortunate. At least you can still play it on your Vita (if you still have it)?

But yeah, it'll be a ways away until folks get better at cracking the system open to fiddle around with these compatibility issues. Let's hope we see more progress in the near future.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Sly cooper 1 & 2 to run, anyone know if there's a version to get sly 3 to run? (1 & 2 were on a cart, and 3 was included as a digital download since it wouldn't fit)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr